Mac Plugins
How do you remake the PC plugins to work with PCSX 2 for Mac?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

Hm, if it's a linux plugin then you try to rebuild it as mac is inherently a linux(bsd, to be exact) OS. Normally, that would also require quite a bit of debugging as mac has a lot of quirks.

If it's a pluging dealing with any kind of hardware output(sound, cdvd, firewire, etc...) then the plugin needs to be recoded as hardware interaction is different in osX.

For any kind of windows plugin, it's pretty much coding it from scratch.
Is it very complex to attack the GS plugins?
Zeydlitz would know better, but it's quite complex really.
You need to have a good knowledge of ps2 GS and have experience coding graphics with OpenGL, for mac knowledge of Quartz would also help(or glX for X11 as of now)

How much coding experience do you have?
(10-12-2010, 11:18 AM)zedr0n Wrote: Zeydlitz would know better, but it's quite complex really.
You need to have a good knowledge of ps2 GS and have experience coding graphics with OpenGL, for mac knowledge of Quartz would also help(or glX for X11 as of now)

How much coding experience do you have?

To be honest, I got 0 coding skills. Or wait, I can do HTML and a little CSS

Then I'd say it's not really feasible, you need at least a couple of years to pick up c++, opengl and asm.
(10-12-2010, 02:45 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Then I'd say it's not really feasible, you need at least a couple of years to pick up c++, opengl and asm.

Oh well. I guess I can only hope then.