Mac hardware requirements
I am willing to buy a new Mac to play pcsx2. What system requirements do I need to run Gran Turismo 4 and Final Fantasy 10 with 60 fps and full text support.
-Crosby

Sponsored links

dual core @4.0 ghz for GT4
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
So a 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 would equal 4.4 ghz process required to play? What of the Ram and Graphic cards? Do I need 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB or will I need 8GB?
Those are the settings for Macbook Pro
Would a new Macbook work just as well?
Mac Book
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB DDR3 memory
250GB hard drive1
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics
to run emulators smoothly, a Nvidia graphics card is probably best. but usually the better, more processing power, the smoother the emulation. also, quad-core support (correct me if I'm wrong though) isn't built into PCSX2, so even if you had quad-core, you'd only be able to use 2 processors at any one moment. but of course, it's best to "buy for the future" when getting a new comp, so go for it if you can afford it. As far as RAM goes, 4gigs is plenty, 8 is a bit overkill, but that doesn't mean other PC games won't take advantage of it. Just a quick FYI, you can't swap chipsets and cards (ONLY RAM) in a Macbook or iMac, so what you buy it with is what it's gonna stay at. But I think the Powermac, or whateverthefuck, the one with a tower, you can swap stuff out like a PC.
FFX won't work on the mac version yet. you may have better luck installing boot camp and windows and using the pcsx2 windows version in 0.9.8 as the mac version is only 0.9.6 and the list of games that run on mac vs windows is very small.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Quote:So a 2.2GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 would equal 4.4 ghz process required to play?
Absolutely not. Each core is clocked at 2,2 Ghz, it does not multiply with the cores. You can only achieve 4 Ghz + (atleast for now) via overclocking, there is no processor clocked that high on stock.
Also FFX DOES work on the Mac port, albeit not as well as the PC version but it does work.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thanks bositman, can you explain how to overclock a macbook pro to make it run from 2.2Ghz quad core to run 4 Ghz without frying the computer? I have never heard of overclocking before today. And if the quad core does not multiply the processing power, what does a quad core do opposed to a dual core or even a single core?
it can process more tasks at the same time if software is designed to use more than 2 cores.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
ffx doesn't work. it white screens after the blitzball scene. its a known bug thats been fixed in the 0.9.7 version that hasnt been released yet.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

Here are my specs:

iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)

Processor: 3.4GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1333MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

I wanted to play Star Wars Battlefront II, very slow FPS. So then I scraped that and I played DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3, couldn't play at full FPS either. Are my system requirements not meant for PS2 emulators? Or is it just misconfiguration of the settings on my part?