MacBookPro with 2 Graphic adapters - which one is used?
(04-06-2011, 04:52 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus is pretty much one of the most power-hungry games as far as I know.
I know, but after waiting so long I thought the Sandy Bridges would finally be able to handle that 'monster'.

(04-06-2011, 04:52 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Does FFX work full-speed?
Don't know, I don't own this game, I'm not so much into FF - please don't kill me Wink.

(04-06-2011, 04:52 PM)zedr0n Wrote: On an i7 2.33ghz I'd expect better performance though, will need to check out my own copy then.
Yes please! Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Best regards,
onetwo

Sponsored links

(04-06-2011, 10:13 AM)Kaze Wrote: No task manager on this mac so I dont know.
But i7 on PC shows 8 cores

Just to clarify: The Windows Task Manager does not distinguish between real CPU cores and HT in its GUI. Therefore it shows '8 cores', even though a current i7 CPU just got 4 cores.

Try this: Enter the BIOS of your mainboard, disable the HT (HyperThreading) functionality, save the settings, boot into Windows again and check the task manager - how many 'cores' does it show now?
(04-09-2011, 04:14 AM)onetwo Wrote: Just to clarify: The Windows Task Manager does not distinguish between real CPU cores and HT in its GUI. Therefore it shows '8 cores', even though a current i7 CPU just got 4 cores.

Try this: Enter the BIOS of your mainboard, disable the HT (HyperThreading) functionality, save the settings, boot into Windows again and check the task manager - how many 'cores' does it show now?

I dont wanna begin to mess with the bios, my PC is unstable enough at the moment.
But thanks for the explanation :-))
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(04-06-2011, 04:52 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Shadow of the Colossus is pretty much one of the most power-hungry games as far as I know. Does FFX work full-speed?
On an i7 2.33ghz I'd expect better performance though, will need to check out my own copy then.

Hi zedr0n, it took some time but I finally found the time to search&find a copy of FFX (flea markets rule), and some time today to test it:

Darn it, FFX runs at 50 FPS all the time I've 'played' it (intro, then running all abroad that town/boat whatever), even with 16x Anti-Aliasing at 1280x960, always 50 fps..

'Guess I need to skip another two Mac generations until Shadow of the Colossus runs smooth :-)

Best regards,
onetwo
sounds about right Smile