Macbooks mid 2012
Hello pcsx2lovers,

Can the newest macbooks run PCSX2 fine? (using W7 Parallels / bootcamp)

Macbook air 13" Mid 2012
1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz
4GB memory
128GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000

Macbook pro retina Mid 2012
2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
256GB flash storage
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Macbook pro retina2 Mid 2012
2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 1600MHz memory
512GB flash storage1
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory

Thanks for the help

Sponsored links

Should run reasonably well on Pro/bootcamp (as in, you'll probably get near/full speed on some games), not ideal for Air/bootcamp (GPU will be a limitation). Parallels probably not, but maybe GSdx in SW mode will show something, but probably quite slow for most games.
Just saying that since it's Mac your spending a lot of money on just the brand, the hardware is usually overpriced.
<REDACTED>
The newest Macbooks will be pretty much unopenable, even more so than past Macbook Air models. It's being dubbed as the very least workable system ever built.

Pretty much everything is soldered or glued in - even the battery, which they will want $200 to replace if anything ever goes wrong with it.

Basically, the only people who I think should have these are people that never do any customization on their systems, or ever upgrade, and are very unlikely to do anything that would cause any error whatsoever.
go for Macbook pro retina2 Mid 2012
i'm not sure if macbook+pcsx2 can heat up that fast and potential an excess of 80C~ better execise this caution before buying.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(06-17-2012, 01:47 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: ...
Basically, the only people who I think should have these are people that never do any customization on their systems, or ever upgrade, and are very unlikely to do anything that would cause any error whatsoever.

When you say "the only people..." you make it sound as if it's a very small minority, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if this group is 90-95% of all computer buyers...

The price is a completely different issue, but some (many?) are willing to pay this premium for a good design/look/weight and possibly hype.

If the specs are good (and they reasonably are), I wouldn't mind paying some premium (probably 10-20% over a similar spec HW) for the pro, but with current prices it's not a good enough deal for me. Yet, for others it is.
its all hype.
They just want to show off their $$$... Closedeyes
(06-17-2012, 04:39 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: its all hype.

IMO their HW designs are very sleek, plus, they many times manage to pack really interesting HW in very tight and elegant packages. It's just well executed and looks great.

Their SW is also many times hitting the right spots from UI/UX perspective IMO, and they put emphasis on overall "whole" experience and the little details of the (sometimes) few features they have, rather than adding as many features as possible with half of them rough around the edges. You can't take that from them IMO.

That being said, I really dislike their behavior as a company (closed garden, etc), and I haven't owned an Apple laptop, despite their sleekness. They just never hit the right price/value ratio for me, and I'm certainly not going to pay for an iOS device just to get owned by them...
I've seen a few Windows Experience Indexes on Youtube for the Retina Pro and they're all higher than my current desktop with a quad core 3GHz + 460GTX SE, so I assume it will run fine. Not sure about the air. I'll report back when mine arrives and maybe record a video comparing my desktop and the retina pro.