Madden 2005 FPS drops, HELP!
So, yeah.... tried playing madden 2005 and I get severe framerate drops on both my dual core pc and my quad core PC that has much higher specs, so I suspect osmething in the settings but cannot figure it out.  I had really bad pixelation issues but I read up on pressing F9 and that worked fine but as far as the fps drops I set the emulator to high priority and I have basically nothing else running.  I get drops all the way down to 30fps when both teams are on the field and this is an old game.  I may have messed up my settings in the emulator but I'll just reset them to default... anyway.... anyone have any good tips for me?  I'd appreciate it very much.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
pentium dual core cpu E5400 @ 2.70ghz, intel G45/G43 express chipset, 6GB ram, windows 7 home premium. version 1.2.1. All settings are default now except the F9 trick to help texturing problems. Just trying to play madden 2005 and it's an ISO. Not sure of the specs on the other PC but it's got a much better CPU and graphics card 8GB of memory and it's running windows 8. Madden 2005 is the first game I tried to play and I get the same exact result on both computers. Anyway, thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.
Id try it on your other PC, that one is pretty slow for PCSX2 in all honesty.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

yeah, that's quite an outdated dual core processor over there. what's the hardware specifications of your other build ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Okay, here are the specs for the other PC. Again, I'm using default settings in the emulator aside from the F9 "trick". Intel Core i5-3230M CPU@ 2.60ghz. 6GB Ram. Intel Graphics 4000. Windows 8. Same thing, 1.2.1 emulator and ISO, not dvd. Thanks.
Side-note, the background where the crowd should be is all black on both PCs as well. :\
(10-18-2015, 04:48 PM)earthpart20 Wrote: Side-note, the background where the crowd should be is all black on both PCs as well.  :\

what happens if you press F9 ? (it's a toggle to software renderer)

your other laptop might be better than the former dual core but still likely to have some slowdowns (maybe ? )
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Actually now when I try it the whole screen goes black. The plugin is direct 3d9 (hardware) but there are other options.
I'm also using a ps3 controller if that matters at all... lol :^(