MagicIso/Please insert a format disc
So heres the deal;
I'm new to this.
I get a .bin file of Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.
I go on MagicIso BUT it won't convert, displaying this error message;
"Can't find the file or file isn't a CD Image file!"
So I think, "Oh well." I add the DBZ BT3 (with data, irx, bin and such) to the file list, then save it. It runs on PCSX2! (WITH SOUND!)
But then -
"Please insert a Playstation 2 format disc."
And I'm like;

FUUUUUUU-
So I don't know why it wont work. Is it the MagicIso file? Or something else? Please help!

Sponsored links

Just use IMG Burn. Put your disc in the drive and select Create ISO and wait for it to finish.
Why would you get a bin?

Use Imgburn and rip your game as an ISO file.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
Uhh, you dont need to convert the file ? Im not sure if I get your post but as far as I know, PCSX2 takes BIN, ISO and IMG files. (maybe a couple of more)

Try to use the .BIN file with PCSX2.

Edit: I always rip my games to .IMG or .BIN format with Imgburn.
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(06-23-2014, 08:50 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Uhh, you dont need to convert the file ? Im not sure if I get your post but as far as I know, PCSX2 takes BIN, ISO and IMG files. (maybe a couple of more)

Not recommended, but try it anyways.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(06-23-2014, 08:53 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Not recommended, but try it anyways.

Why is that ? Never had a problem with ePSXe or PCSX2 using IMG and BIN files. Sometimes its even recomended to use something other than ISO because games with some sort of anti piracy/copy protection get ripped properly.
(06-23-2014, 08:50 PM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Uhh, you dont need to convert the file ? Im not sure if I get your post but as far as I know, PCSX2 takes BIN, ISO and IMG files. (maybe a couple of more)

Edit: I always rip my games to .IMG or .BIN format with Imgburn.
See, I used IMGBurn to change the .bin, .img and game folder to 3 seperate .iso files. The .bin has sound, .img does not, game folder does not run. So I went with the .bin (Now the .iso thanks to IMGBurn!) But STILLLLLLLL it says "Please insert a playstation 2 or playstation format disc". At this point I almost threw my laptop out the window.
What if you directly use your original ps2 dvd and make an iso with imgburn instead of trying to convert a file made Ith magic iso ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Just FYI, if it's a CD image(and a few ps2 games are, e.g. ICO, Crash Bandicoot: WoC), then imgburn will rip it to a bin/cue set. So a bin file is perfectly usable with PCSX2.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-23-2014, 10:09 PM)HyNerd / DJDBZ Wrote: See, I used IMGBurn to change the .bin, .img and game folder to 3 seperate .iso files. The .bin has sound, .img does not, game folder does not run. So I went with the .bin (Now the .iso thanks to IMGBurn!) But STILLLLLLLL it says "Please insert a playstation 2 or playstation format disc". At this point I almost threw my laptop out the window.

Still not quite sure but did you intentionaly try to separate the sound files from the rest of the game ? If thats the case then Im pretty sure the "soundless ISO" doesnt work because the library is simply incomplete. Just like if the disc itself had few minor scratches it would still function but one major scratch could corrupt an essential part of the data on the disc and make the game unplayable.

The game must be one file to function with the emulator.