Major GSdx progress and monthly progress reports!
(06-12-2015, 10:36 AM)gregory Wrote: Much more is coming Smile

Hi, Gregory. So, it will be much to hope for. Great!
I am a windows user. I want to know if PCSX2 works in windows as well as in linux in the future? And if PCSX2 support window10 and DX12 plugin?
Thank you & have a nice day!

Sponsored links

(06-13-2015, 12:53 AM)refraction Wrote: In practice, "possibly", as i say, it depends how much cpu power you have left over with the game running, the more you have free, the faster it can decompress, the less your game will lag.

(06-13-2015, 02:37 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: In my experience it's really the compression side where the difference is. It takes FOREVER to compress an ISO with gzip ultra. About 40 minutes on my rig. CSO takes about 10.

When playing with them I don't really notice any difference at all. If you had an uber weak CPU you might, but other than that not really.

Thank you for the information.
(06-13-2015, 04:45 AM)junjunleon Wrote: I am a windows user. I want to know if PCSX2 works in windows as well as in linux in the future? And if PCSX2 support window10 and DX12 plugin?

Yeah, Linux has become better and better and is now even on par with the windows version and, the Implementation of D3D12 renderer is not much of priority right now so, I wouldn't expect much.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-13-2015, 04:45 AM)junjunleon Wrote: Hi, Gregory. So, it will be much to hope for. Great!
I am a windows user. I want to know if PCSX2 works in windows as well as in linux in the future? And if PCSX2 support window10 and DX12 plugin?
I think it will support Windows 10 and Linux in future , about your Directx 12
question , we don't have any plans for it yet but may be things will get change in future .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
Ah no I do have a plan.
1/ wait the hype goes down and dust settle
2/ let's Dolphin dev do a port and check if they have any speed gain.
3/ Start to think about it based on working driver and tool avaible.

Personnally I would prefer a vulkan fork rather than a dx12 fork. At least it would be useful for android emulation.

Gabest already complains that core was too slow. And it is also my feeling. Except for a few games, most of the time is spend in the GS emulation not in the driver. It is even worst on Nvidia driver which already run all gl commands in a dedicated thread. GSdx barely uses DX10/DX11 hardware class features. So it is nice to have a new API to do a million of draw call but PS2 is limited to around 10K (1 Millions of primitive by frame).
(06-13-2015, 12:25 PM)gregory Wrote: Personnally I would prefer a vulkan fork rather than a dx12 fork. At least it would be useful for android emulation.

I would also actually prefer Vulkan over DX12 or else, the removal of the OpenGLES stuffs will go unjustified.

on the other hand, I also guess Vulkan and DX12 are quite similar so there wouldn't be much problem.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Great update!

(06-11-2015, 02:24 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: As you can see, gzip results in slightly smaller files when using ultra compression level. However it takes a lot longer to compress than CSO so there is a bit of a trade off.

(06-13-2015, 02:37 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: In my experience it's really the compression side where the difference is. It takes FOREVER to compress an ISO with gzip ultra. About 40 minutes on my rig. CSO takes about 10.

When playing with them I don't really notice any difference at all. If you had an uber weak CPU you might, but other than that not really.

Actually, there's a really simple solution for that: pigz (download for windows here: http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/pigz...ndows.html ).

This utility compresses gzip in parallel (uses several cores) and it's much faster than using 7zip to compress gzip. It's written by Mark Adler (the same guy who wrote zlib which PCSX2 uses to decompress gzip ISO and also helped me with some guidance on creating the index on first run).

It's a command line utility, but that shouldn't be an issue.
Is the OS X version ever going to be updated?

It's been on version 0.9.7 for years now. On my 2012 MBP, I used to get great performance on a Windows 7 bootcamp.

Now I have a 2015 MBP and I wish PCSX2's OS X variant was updated, because the hardware can clearly support it.
Zedron was the one who maintained those versions, he hasn't been around for quite a long time so I wouldn't count on it.
- Refraction
Did any of the recent changes effect CPU performance on Linux? I'm noticing a significant boost when playing FFX-2 FMV's on latest git when compared to a month old build. On my a10-7850k I go from 47fps to 65fps, and on my i7 920 I go from 39fps to 51fps.