Major GSdx progress and monthly progress reports!
It means nohing without PCSX2 benchmark.

Sponsored links

(06-15-2015, 01:03 PM)gregory Wrote: AMD Windows users, please do some benchmark to compare DX/OGL (maybe the driver is fast, you know). Thanks.

FFX in 4x Native in Kilika Great Hall:
Direct3D11: 235 fps
OpenGL: 225 fps

I used PCSX2 1.3.1-530 and the driver is AMD Catalyst 14.12.
Could compare a gs heavy game at 2x? 4x might be GPU limited
Which games? Do you have a list?
No, try severals of them. (Well sotc, mtg3)
SotC in 2x Native in Shrine of Worship:
Direct3D11: 70-72 fps
OpenGL: 54-56 fps
Cool. Did you use any accurate option? I guess not but it just to be sure the comparison is fair.
I used the default settings. Accurate Blend is enabled by default for OpenGL, but it's grayed out when Direct3D11 is selected. Should I disable it?
Dx doesn't support it that why it is greyed out. Normally i thempact of speed must remains small but it was never properly benchmarked. Anyway it impacts only games that do "impossible blend".

So it is a bit slower than dx. I was expecting much worst results.
Well im using latest Nvidia Drivers and im astounded with openGl performance. It`s actually better than DX in 1 game i tried Tekken5, sorry no fps, but it was running silky smooth at x3. And there seems to be more eye candy, effects. I dissabled the crc in Hacks, to really see what was going on.
I did get some wierd texture issues on Fight Night 3, but only with the Ring side girls that dispay the Round numbers, they where missing their textures, everything else was spot on. Ps this isnt an official bug report Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*