Major GSdx progress and monthly progress reports!
You can't compare Dolphin to PCSX2, that's like apples and oranges. Neither of us are competing to be the BIGGEST emulator! We're just doing our own thing. sure they have more changes and make a flashy show of it, but there's about 30 of them, there's at a push, 6 or 7 of us? thats including the high up active forum admins as well as direct team members/programmers, it's just not possible for us to keep massive news articles constantly and make the emulator better by leaps and bounds every month like they do. Not to mention we aren't as young as we used to be, I'm 33 now, I've got other stuff going on in my life so I can't spend every waking moment working on the emulator, the same has happened with some of the other guys, many have left because their careers and family lives have come first, but it's been a crazy ride over the last 12-15 years.

I'm happy for the Dolphin guys, it's great that they are doing so well, they deserve it. But I'm not gonna bust my balls to compete with their fame/star power, it's just pointless feeling competitive about it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

It boils down to a few things: Lack of facts, lack of knowledge about the devs, lack of respect for the devs, etc.

I think many people think that people like emulator devs literally just do only that. They've no lives, they aren't even human. They don't get sick or sad or whatever. They exist only to program.

And if we assume that's true, then it makes sense why people get all rowdy when something is a bit later than they'd like, or this game doesn't get fixed, or whatever.

But the truth is that the devs ARE human. They do have lives. They do get sick. They do get depressed. And the best way to fix XYZ game is not gonna be the very most important thing in their lives.

Thinking it SHOULD be, like some people do, is disrespectful and down right stupid.

If you were starving, and at a soup kitchen, and they were about to feed you but the line was really long, would you ***** at the soup kitchen staff? You know what would happen if you did? NO SOUP FOR YOU. (Couldn't resist).

It's the same thing. The devs are VOLUNTEERING their time to bring you the ability to play PS2 games on your PC. And when people give time out of their own interest and desire, YOU SHOULD NEVER COMPLAIN about them not giving enough. It's really that simple.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-22-2015, 09:51 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It boils down to a few things: Lack of facts, lack of knowledge about the devs, lack of respect for the devs, etc.

I think many people think that people like emulator devs literally just do only that. They've no lives, they aren't even human. They don't get sick or sad or whatever. They exist only to program.

And if we assume that's true, then it makes sense why people get all rowdy when something is a bit later than they'd like, or this game doesn't get fixed, or whatever.

But the truth is that the devs ARE human. They do have lives. They do get sick. They do get depressed. And the best way to fix XYZ game is not gonna be the very most important thing in their lives.

Thinking it SHOULD be, like some people do, is disrespectful and down right stupid.

If you were starving, and at a soup kitchen, and they were about to feed you but the line was really long, would you ***** at the soup kitchen staff? You know what would happen if you did? NO SOUP FOR YOU. (Couldn't resist).

It's the same thing. The devs are VOLUNTEERING their time to bring you the ability to play PS2 games on your PC. And when people give time out of their own interest and desire, YOU SHOULD NEVER COMPLAIN about them not giving enough. It's really that simple.

I understand what you're saying Blyss, but please consider this thread:
Smile Thanks!

Lots of people appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this. They know you all have lives next to this emu and really respect you for giving us (the players) great experiences through this wonderful emu.
Actually, most people don't care. They just download the program and enjoy using it. They visit the forums only when they need help. Many people appreciate the efforts of the developers. Only a few people are disrespectful. I believe they are ungrateful brats or sociopaths. Just ignore them. You can have different opinions, but you should be polite and respectful.
(07-23-2015, 09:19 AM)bankai Wrote: Lots of people appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this. They know you all have lives next to this emu and really respect you for giving us (the players) great experiences through this wonderful emu.

Surely there are people that appreciate it. A lot.

I am one of them, and that's why I started giving my time to the forum and ultimately became moderator.

But it doesn't stop a few disrespectful/foolish people from causing a ruckus either.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD