Major Ghosting/Blurry Issue in Okami
I started up Okami today and I'm getting a major issue with ghosting/blur around the character models. Maybe I'm just not remembering how the game is supposed to look, but this just looks way off, two screenshots attached. To make things easy I reset all settings to default, the only thing not default currently is the resolution is set to 6x, but it doesn't seem to make a difference either way. I've done some digging and tried every recommended setting I could find to fix this, but nothing's work. I had a similar issue with Sly Cooper that I was able to fix by using the no-interlace patch, but that didn't do any good here either.

I'm probably missing something super helpful here so let me know if there's something I can provide to help solve this. Again this might just be how it originally looked but it seems off as it's REALLY hard to look at for long.

Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sure thing:
Intel Core i7-8750H
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050TI 4 GB
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 11
PCSX2 Nightly (1.7.5804 as of today)

Reset all settings to default for troubleshooting, issue is still occuring. Graphics settings screenshots attached.

Currently just trying to play Okami from ISO, had a similar issue with Sly Cooper that was fixed with the No Interlacing patch but that's not working here.

Thanks!

Weird
Can you post an emulog, please ?
Attached, also included a link to a screen recording of the session below and edited my first response so it's legible now, sorry about that!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zoQ45BE...sp=sharing

Attached Files
.txt   emulog.txt (Size: 6,6 KB / Downloads: 19)
try deleting C:\PCSX2\gamesettings\SLUS-21115_21068223.ini

from the looks of your video, game looks normal to me
So for what it's worth, the game is supposed to look blurry it's kinda its whole aethstetic, but I cannot load it up on PS2 to check how different it looks on ps2 vs emulation. The pictures do look a little 'too' blurry though I agree.

As an aside: Okami HD is much much sharper, while preserving most of the charm of watercolor art style and is on steam.
Not the greatest example but if I compare PS2 screenshots with roughly same proportions to OPs. The pcsx2 ones the glow looks further away from the model not quite as aligned.

example screenshot: https://cdn.staticneo.com/p/2006/1/okami...mage16.jpg
vs
OP: https://forums.pcsx2.net/attachment.php?aid=79694

Look at legs specifically.
That's how the game looks, and it doesn't upscale great, nothing you can do.

If you don't like it, I guess don't pick such a stylised game Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I know it's the game's style, but I was able to turn off the ghosting effect on PCSX2 1.6 by setting CRC Hack Level to "Agressive" but can't manage to do the same on the 1.7.5835 version since this setting has changed to Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes, I assume. Is there any way to identify the agressive CRC Hack Level changes, so I can replicate it onto Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes?

I'm gonna attach a comparison where Okami is running on PCSX2 1.6 version on the left and 1.7 on the right, along with the settings of each version

Changing the renderer doesn't do much difference