Major Lag
Tried all that, still nothing :/

Sponsored links

Yeah, dude, you're trying to emulate games beyond your system's capabilities.

I'm not saying those things are going to fix your situation, but they can and will help in general (i.e. when you try to emulate games your system is capable of).

A reminder of your situation:
  • Two very rough games to emulate
  • And a average CPU clock (average by common standards, but on the low side for PCSX2)

I don't like to say it often, but you might just wanna give up on those 2 games for now (with those PC specs). They are likely to need/see improvements as the emulator improves.

BTW - Did you try a recent SVN? The MTVU "speedhack" can be very benefitial with many games, and especially with a quad-core CPU. (Note: This won't necessarily "fix" those two games, though.)
Quote:A reminder of your situation:
Two very rough games to emulate
And a average CPU clock (average by common standards, but on the low side for PCSX2)

And a weak GPU...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-24-2011, 08:45 PM)Gee Wrote: Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Actually, that is a pretty nice GPU. Smile
(It's hard to go wrong with a 256-bit bus)
Hello everyone

im using pscx2 (r4873)
My Config is:
Amd Phenom II 965 X4 (3.4) each core
4gb ram ddr3 with 1666 freq
Ati radeon 5770 hd 1gb

and Spyro the new beginning runs well but sometimes fps drops under 40 fps and game starts lagging.That usually happens when a lot of animated objects is spawned like particle effects,smashed objects....
Rest of the time fps is on 110 constantly.I dont know what causes that drops, maybe a broken ram ?Huh
What do the EE% and GS% read when the slow-down occurs?

Also, some indication of what PCSX2 settings you're using, or have tried, would be good to know.

BTW - Your RAM is fine, I'm sure.
im using GSdx 4873 for graphic driver and european v2.20 bios,emulation settings are on default,Direct3D9 (Hardware) renderer,interlacing none,original ps 2 resolution is unticked,im running it full screen on 1920x1080
i have done some testing and gs doesnt go over 35 % but EE is on 98-100 % constantly
well thats weard, 100 % EE on the quad core cpu with 3.4 ghz each core, maybe its limited to 1 core or something......
default settings?! try checking "mtvu hack" under speedhacks?