Major Lag spikes
No matter what game I try and run (I'm using Dark Cloud 2 to test my settings) I get major FPS drops pretty much no matter what I'm doing. I will be at the main menu and it will go from 60 FPS down to 20-30 then back up. This happens about once every 10 seconds. I have tried every setting, every driver and still nothing. I have a pretty powerful computer (specs at the bottom) so I kind of doubt its that.

CPU: Intel core i-7 4790k
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290x
16GB ram
Corsair i100 CPU cooler

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Are you playing from a disc?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
No, I'm playing from a rom. I heard playing discs lagged more so I made sure I avoided that
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Also make sure something isn't spiking in CPU usage in the background as you play.
Could be a too big upscale that fill GPU vram
I'm pretty sure its not upscaled too much but I will check that out after I get off work. Heres my logs btw

Edit: I don't know if its worth mentioning, but the speed goes down in tune to my FPS dropping. It will hover at 100% 60FPS then drop to 60% 40FPS

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 74,98 KB / Downloads: 137)
that could be a compatibility issue too.
Do you have another PS2 console ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ya I can pretty much guarantee it's a compatibility issue. I won't go into why but I will rip the bios from my PS2 and post an update if that changes anything.
Aaaaahhh, sounds like you weren't originally using the bios from your ps2
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM