Major lag Problem
Hi I'm new to the forums here but I have looked around and can't seem to find a guide that works for the problems I am having. I have tried playing all the Jak and Daxter games, all the Crash Bandicoot games on PS2, Simpsons Hit and Run and I am now attempting Burnout Revenge.

All of these games minus the first Jak and Daxter lag and around 4 of these games lag to an unplayable amount (Jak 3, Simpsons, Crash Twinsanity and Burnout Revenge). I have tried using the official configuration post on this forum and tried others on the internet when this failed to fix the problem. I want to make clear that I have figured out how to make the menus work perfectly its just in game that this problem appears. I have figured out from the Burnout clock that one second ends up being around 3-4 seconds in rt

My specs are:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs)
Graphics Card: Can run on a Intel® HD Graphics Family but switches to a NVDIA GeForce GT 555M when gaming
Memory: 8gb
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

running version 0.9.8 and I've tried all presets and had a couple goes of messing around myself

The games I've burnt from my old PS2 discs they work fine on my friends working PS2

thanks In advance if you can help

Sponsored links

GPU: Make sure PCSX2 uses the GT 555M, not the HD 3000.
CPU: Use the latest SVN and enable MTVU hack. If it fails, set the processor affinity so that PCSX2 runs on 2 cores and benefits from TurboBoost.
(06-26-2012, 07:32 PM)Livy Wrote: GPU: Make sure PCSX2 uses the GT 555M, not the HD 3000.
CPU: Use the latest SVN and enable MTVU hack. If it fails, set the processor affinity so that PCSX2 runs on 2 cores and benefits from TurboBoost.

Its still lagging it's a tiny bit better but it's still really bad is there anything else I can do?
Download ThrottleStop and use it along with PCSX2...

Be alert to your laptop's temperature though...
unfortunately the speed of your CPU is a drawback, laptops arent really designed for the load PCSX2 puts on them.

what you could try is getting the latest SVN from here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html
then enable "Multithreaded VU" under ths speedhacks section.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]