Major playback issues
I've spent hours trying to get this to work and after trying every thorough guide I could find I still cannot figure out how to get it to work right. Each time I boot the .iso the program runs with choppy audio and video and runs excruciatingly slow. I have a hunch that my graphics card can't run the emulator which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I would prefer that it's just a graphics configuration issue that I can change in the emulator's settings. Here are my specs:

Computer specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz
Graphics card: NVIDIA Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 220] (rev a2)
OS type: Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty) 
Architecture: x86_64
Kernel: Linux 3.13.0-45-generic

PCSX2 specs:

Version: PCSX2 1.3.0.0 (svn)

I've also gone through lacoi's Method A detailing how to install and run PCSX2 on a 64-bit Ubuntu system.  The code went through just fine, took just as long as he said it would, start32bit command works but I don't really know how to boot the emulator from there so I haven't technically finished that method yet.  If that's the key to getting this to work can anyone help me figure out where to go and what commands to use to make it happen?  

Please help me figure this out. Pictured is what the game looks like when it boots. All I want to do is play Silent Hill 2. Thanks anyone who can help me out.

[Image: 1441081945025.jpg]

Sponsored links

you don't need that guide to install PCSX2 on linux im using linuxmint 64bit and PCSX2 installs just fine from here https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa install the unstable package and report back 
FYi your grafics card will not support the latest features (accurate blending), because it doesn't support opengl 4.5
(09-01-2015, 06:57 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: you don't need that guide to install PCSX2 on linux im using linuxmint 64bit and PCSX2 installs just fine from here https://launchpad.net/~gregory-hainaut/+...ficial.ppa install the unstable package and report back 
FYi your grafics card will not support the latest features (accurate blending), because it doesn't support opengl 4.5

I've installed it through that and it still gave me the same graphics/audio issues.  Are you saying then that it IS my graphics card that's the culprit?
It's probably a combo of your CPU being kind of meh and the GPU being weak. Anyways, what are your settings?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
problably, run PCSX2 on a terminal and paste the result here to see the errors
(09-01-2015, 07:02 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It's probably a combo of your CPU being kind of meh and the GPU being weak. Anyways, what are your settings?

Forgive me I'm new. Which settings from which menu(s) would you like to see?

(09-01-2015, 07:02 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: problably, run PCSX2 on a terminal and paste the result here to see the errors

Since I'm new to Linux I'm not sure where exactly PCSX2 is installed. This is what I was referring to when I said that I can't figure out how to terminal-run it in the 32-bit environment with the 'start32bit' command that lacoi said it should work in. I don't know how to run it from the terminal at all currently.
(09-01-2015, 07:07 PM)m00py Wrote: Since I'm new to Linux I'm not sure where exactly PCSX2 is installed.  This is what I was referring to when I said that I can't figure out how to terminal-run it in the 32-bit environment with the 'start32bit' command that lacoi said it should work in.  I don't know how to run it from the terminal at all currently.

open a terminal--type PCSX2--press enter--run the game you want-- close PCSX2--copy the contents on the terminal window here on the forum

If you can't run PCSX2 that way on a terminal your instalation is incorret as i said above you don't need that tutorial to install PCSX2 on a 64bit system
(09-01-2015, 07:10 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: open a terminal--type PCSX2--press enter--run the game you want-- close PCSX2--copy the contents on the terminal window here on the forum

Code:
meenpeen@moopy:~$ PCSX2
PCSX2: command not found
meenpeen@moopy:~$

Unsure

EDIT:
(09-01-2015, 07:10 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: If you can't run PCSX2 that way on a terminal your instalation is incorret as i said above you don't need that tutorial to install PCSX2 on a 64bit system

I've uninstalled and reinstalled through that gregory PPA and it still plays back in the same glitched up way. I also did it that way -before- I went through that elaborate installation method. It didn't work then and it still doesn't work now.
use this comand "locate PCSX2" without quotes post log here
(09-01-2015, 07:17 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: use this comand "locate PCSX2" without quotes post log here

Done:
Code:
meenpeen@moopy:~$ locate PCSX2
/home/meenpeen/.cache/upstart/update-notifier-crash-_var_crash__usr_games_PCSX2.1000.crash.log.1.gz
/home/meenpeen/.cache/upstart/update-notifier-crash-_var_crash__usr_games_PCSX2.1000.crash.log.2.gz
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/PCSX2-reg.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/bios
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/cheats_ws
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/memcards
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/snaps
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/sstates
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/bios/scph10000.MEC
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/bios/scph10000.NVM
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/bios/scph10000.bin
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/bios/scph10000.nvm
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/Dev9null.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/FWnull.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/GSdx.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/OnePAD.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/PCSX2_ui.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/PCSX2_vm.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/USBnull.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/inis/spu2-x.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs/FWnull.log
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs/USBnull.log
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs/dev9null.log
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs/emuLog.txt
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/logs/padLog.txt
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd001.ps2
/home/meenpeen/.config/PCSX2/memcards/Mcd002.ps2
/home/meenpeen/.config/pcsx2/PCSX2-reg.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/pcsx2/inis/PCSX2_ui.ini
/home/meenpeen/.config/pcsx2/inis/PCSX2_vm.ini
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/3rdparty/w32pthreads/PCSX2.txt
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/3rdparty/w32pthreads/.svn/text-base/PCSX2.txt.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/PCSX2_FAQ.pdf
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/PCSX2_Readme.pdf
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/.svn/prop-base/PCSX2_FAQ.pdf.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/.svn/prop-base/PCSX2_Readme.pdf.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/.svn/text-base/PCSX2_FAQ.pdf.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/bin/docs/.svn/text-base/PCSX2_Readme.pdf.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/PCSX2_FAQ.doc
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/PCSX2_Readme.doc
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/.svn/prop-base/PCSX2_FAQ.doc.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/.svn/prop-base/PCSX2_Readme.doc.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/.svn/text-base/PCSX2_FAQ.doc.svn-base
/home/meenpeen/.pcsx2-read-only/pcsx2/Docs/.svn/text-base/PCSX2_Readme.doc.svn-base
/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/PCSX2_FAQ.pdf.gz
/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/PCSX2_Readme.pdf.gz
/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/pcsx2/PCSX2_FAQ.pdf.gz
/usr/share/doc/pcsx2/pcsx2/PCSX2_Readme.pdf.gz
/var/crash/_usr_games_PCSX2.1000.crash
/var/crash/_usr_games_PCSX2.1000.upload
/var/crash/_usr_games_PCSX2.1000.uploaded
meenpeen@moopy:~$