Make GT4 a real 60 fps game?
Hi,

I am trying to get Gran Turismo 4 run at a real 60 fps but I feel the game is locked to 30 fps while racing.

Yes I am aware the game run at 60 fps menu wise but while racing is a different beast.

I get steady 60 fps everywhere and low cpu usage (also low usage on EE, GS and VU ,,, less than 30%) but the game feel sluggish overclocking the EE doesn't change anything.

BUT when I force the game to let say 80 fps ,,, menu are speed up but when race is loaded it goes back to the sluggish internal 30 fps like.

So far I've tried 1.6.0 and the latest Nightly AVX2 ... with even very low settings to see if it speed up but no. 

Is there any cheat code that could force the race to be a real internal 60 fps ?
Like the 60 fps cheat code for Gran Turismo 2 which I liked very much and make the game feel great!

Thanks for the support! Smile

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5800X
32GB DDR4 3600mhz
Nvidia 3090 Ti

Sponsored links

What do you mean? The game ran at 60fps already both in gameplay and menu (save for a few frame rate drops during rolling start, at least on real hardware for me).

Can you show the recording that the game runs at 30fps for you?
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
I apologize, I know this is an old thread and I'm sorry for the bump, but I honestly can't understand why this thread has only one reply. Bloodrayne, technically you are correct, that the game was developed to supposedly run at 60FPS, but EL Couz is definitely on to something, in his assertion that the game feels sluggish at times and well below the 60FPS threshold.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this, and i couldn't figure out if it was just me and my mind playing tricks on me, or if it was something real. There are several points in the game when I have to wonder if people are correct in saying that this is a true 60FPS game.

I'm hoping the devs at PCSX2 read this and perhaps shed some light on whether or not this issue is valid, and whether or not it's something that can be addressed through the emulator itself. Please let us know what you guys think. Because as of now, I definitely wouldn't call the performance of the game while on track a rock solid or steady 60FPS experience and would definitely like to know if it's the game itself or the emulator.
no, the game definitely runs at 60fps.  It is a frame rendered game and causes annoying blur when progressive scan isnt enabled, so enable Progressive Scan 480p mode and use that. it looks much smoother that way
(06-30-2023, 03:29 PM)wheninrome Wrote: no, the game definitely runs at 60fps.  It is a frame rendered game and causes annoying blur when progressive scan isnt enabled, so enable Progressive Scan 480p mode and use that. it looks much smoother that way

Thanks for the rpely. Perhaps it is my settings so I'll continue tweaking pcsx2. In all fairness, I've been running the game with Hatersbby's GT4 Hi-res texture Mod, so perhaps that's having an affect of my perception of the smoothness of the game. Also, for the record I've always ran the game with the 480p settings applied.