Make my computer think my Dualshock 3 is an Xbox 360 controller
Sad 
I am at wit's end. I have at least a decade of computer experience and i cannot make my computer think my DS3 is an Xbox controller. I tried everything you can imagine. Motioninjoy (horrible, uninstalled it right after i launched it and saw how awful it was), something called x360ce, (bunch of awful game-specific settings, and what the ***** is a HookMask) and finally the closest i've gotten is with the SCP DS3 driver installer and related tools found on this site. I managed, by fiddling with the tools randomly, to make my computer think it was a 360 controller for a few seconds but now i cannot reproduce this. I'm ready to throw my DS3s into a nearby lake and forget about it, or possibly drown myself too, unable to bear the fact that i can't make a computer do something so simple. The end result i am trying to achieve is to play Dark Souls: Prepare To Die edition, but so far trying to get my pad to work is probably harder than the game itself. I need people with expertise to explain to me how to perform this SIMPLE ***** task. I am running Windows XP Professional SP3, and if you dare tell me to upgrade I will find you and strangle you with this DS3 controller wire.

Sponsored links

Quote:The end result i am trying to achieve is to play Dark Souls: Prepare To Die edition,
this won't work.
forget about this specific game and its sequel
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-30-2014, 11:02 AM)jesalvein Wrote: this won't work.
forget about this specific game and its sequel

Put a lid on it, if the computer genuinely thinks that there's a 360 controller plugged in then there's no reason it shouldn't work like one, It worked with Psychonaughts on my other computer, which magically had this delusion as default.
read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?action=results&sid=a6b694a8e61d51881342e65a607cc100
and this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?action=results&sid=906b2d39ea761d0cc4099185724cb3c1

you're not the first one to get this problem, this bug is known, not solved yet, and there's nothing you can do about it unless your "decade of computer experience" is enough to make you able to correct this bug. It's an open source project, feel free to bring your experience and contribute to bug corrections.
(06-30-2014, 11:10 AM)jesalvein Wrote: read this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?actio...5a607cc100
and this : http://forums.pcsx2.net/search.php?actio...85724cb3c1

you're not the first one to get this problem, this bug is known, not solved yet, and there's nothing you can do about it unless your "decade of computer experience" is enough to make you able to correct this bug. It's an open source project, feel free to bring your experience and contribute to bug corrections.

Are you kidding me? By "decade of experience" I meant "knows enough to make the casual computer user think you are a government hacker". I know enough to solve most basic to moderately advanced problems by fiddling with the computers settings and playing with the command line a bit. I don't write my own programs, and most crap like this sorts itself out when i mess with settings, delete/download certain things, and cross my fingers hard enough. Find the guy that knows what in the Lord's glorious name a HOOK MASK is and tell him to fix it!
ask the author, then.
but if you keep using that kind of tone, I highly doubt he'll do it
(06-30-2014, 11:21 AM)Cheesedragon Wrote: Are you kidding me? By "decade of experience" I meant "knows enough to make the casual computer user think you are a government hacker". I know enough to solve most basic to moderately advanced problems by fiddling with the computers settings and playing with the command line a bit. I don't write my own programs, and most crap like this sorts itself out when i mess with settings, delete/download certain things, and cross my fingers hard enough. Find the guy that knows what in the Lord's glorious name a HOOK MASK is and tell him to fix it!

Sounds almost like you're paying people to do work for you...oh wait that's not the case it's all volunteer free work for your enjoyment. Maybe you should put a lid on it then.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
The issue was solved in the DS4 tools by moving the addresses of the DS4 controllers to 10-14 and allowing the virtual 360 controllers to take 1-4 then connecting to the DS4s in exclusive mode. I don't see why this could not be adapted to work with the DS3 variants of the tools.

PS.. XP? really? While I have developed my variation of the tool to be backwards compatible back to XP it was primarily just to be able to make that claim, I didn't know anybody still used it lol
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool
(06-30-2014, 03:45 PM)jhebbel Wrote: The issue was solved in the DS4 tools by moving the addresses of the DS4 controllers to 10-14 and allowing the virtual 360 controllers to take 1-4 then connecting to the DS4s in exclusive mode. I don't see why this could not be adapted to work with the DS3 variants of the tools.
would be nice to tell Scarlet, maybe ?
Be cause i have the feeling our little miseducated kid above is about to wet his pants Laugh
(06-30-2014, 03:56 PM)jesalvein Wrote: would be nice to tell Scarlet, maybe ?
Be cause i have the feeling our little miseducated kid above is about to wet his pants Laugh

I believe I saw it mentioned there before, is he still actively developing?
[Image: LogoBusiness3.png]
IM 2 Beta now supporting plugins and even more devices.

Website | Forum | Donate $2 and remove ads from the tool