Making NFL 2k5 recognize a virtual HDD
Holy @#$% it worked!!!!!

At first I tried 8GB and I got a message similar to what you said, not enough space. I think the official hard drive was 40 GB, so I tried that and BAM it works! I tried 20GB, didn't work, apparently 40 is minimum.

I can't thank you enough, this is perfect. Every 2k fan knows the most awesome part about this game is the half time show with Chris Berman. 

The next step is to figure out how to load custom stadium music to the hard drive. Any ideas on that one?

Sponsored links

(09-08-2016, 12:54 AM)gza036 Wrote: Holy @#$% it worked!!!!!

At first I tried 8GB and I got a message similar to what you said, not enough space. I think the official hard drive was 40 GB, so I tried that and BAM it works! I tried 20GB, didn't work, apparently 40 is minimum.

I can't thank you enough, this is perfect. Every 2k fan knows the most awesome part about this game are the half time shows with Chris Berman. 

The next step is to figure out how to load custom stadium music to the hard drive. Any ideas on that one?

I kind of knew that it may work with higher size but my PC only got 10GB free so I couldn't afford to try images over 8GB.

Regarding custom music, I am not sure the feature works on ps2 (may be its xbox only?). If it works you can simply make an iso file using imgburn containing all music files you need, run ulaunch elf and then copy paste the files from cdfs to specific HDD folder.
(09-08-2016, 06:42 AM)prafull Wrote: I kind of knew that it may work with higher size but my PC only got 10GB free so I couldn't afford to try images over 8GB.

Regarding custom music, I am not sure the feature works on ps2 (may be its xbox only?). If it works you can simply make an iso file using imgburn containing all music files you need, run ulaunch elf and then copy paste the files from cdfs to specific HDD folder.

hmmm, the only way I could figure out how to launch uLE was with an iso...  The only other instances of uLaunch.ELF I can find are folders like these: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f113/unoffic...2-a-37242/ 
http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchers.html
How am I supposed to launch these?
(09-08-2016, 11:27 AM)gza036 Wrote: hmmm, the only way I could figure out how to launch uLE was with an iso...  The only other instances of uLaunch.ELF I can find are folders like these: http://psx-scene.com/forums/f113/unoffic...2-a-37242/ 
http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=launchers.html
How am I supposed to launch these?

Even launching with an iso should work. Just launch uLE, once it's running change your iso file to one containing your music files (like swap disc option). Althernate and easier method is given below.

Download and extract this file-

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/...tests-.zip

Use Pcsx2's run elf option to launch the elf file.

If you have selected the iso file containing music files it will show under cdfs folder.
(09-08-2016, 12:26 PM)prafull Wrote: Even launching with an iso should work. Just launch uLE, once it's running change your iso file to one containing your music files (like swap disc option). Althernate and easier method is given below.

Download and extract this file-

http://psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/...tests-.zip

Use Pcsx2's run elf option to launch the elf file.

If you have selected the iso file containing music files it will show under cdfs folder.
Ahh, so I was doing it right after all (attempting to run the Boot.ELF  file), they were just booting a black screen. Yours worked, though. I hadn't realized I could swap the CD's out, very cool.

I can easily move my mp3's around in uLE now. After testing, I don't think it's possible to use custom music with the PS2, you're right again Happy  I'll just be happy with my replays. Thanks for the help!
Just FYI the reason it originally wasn't detected is you were formatting with HD LOADER. HDL uses a completely different partition style that is not the same and not compatible with the Sony way.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-09-2016, 08:10 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just FYI the reason it originally wasn't detected is you were formatting with HD LOADER. HDL uses a completely different partition style that is not the same and not compatible with the Sony way.
Thanks, I figured that wasn't the correct way, just hadn't learned about ulaunch.elf yet. I assume the HDD created with megaDev9 would have worked just fine.

The main difference I notice between megaDev9 and CLR dev9 is that megaDev9 takes much longer creating its volume, filling it with zeros. like 20x as long. Wonder if that matters.
I am curious to find out how xbox version's custom sound feature worked. What was the format audio files needed to be and whether they were saved in some particular folder of the HDD. There is a 1% chance that we can make it work with PS2 version too since the option is still there.
and nevermind.. reread first post, answered my own question... and yeah, I'll shaddup now
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
(09-10-2016, 06:11 PM)gza036 Wrote: Thanks, I figured that wasn't the correct way, just hadn't learned about ulaunch.elf yet. I assume the HDD created with megaDev9 would have worked just fine.

The main difference I notice between megaDev9 and CLR dev9   is that megaDev9 takes much longer creating its volume, filling it with zeros. like 20x as long. Wonder if that matters.

That's pretty surprising that CLR dev9 is that much faster, since both zero fill the volume.

That being said I do remember looking at megaDev9's code and thinking its volume creation would be slow.