Making software mode more palatable
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Yes, you'll notice the colors are generally more vibrant, and the textures are slightly sharper.

official GIT downloads are posted here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index.php

just click the download, extract over your old PCSX2 files. overwrite whatever it asks(memory cards will be fine as there are none in the default folder), when you open PCSX2 you may need to import your old config, check out the new settings in GSDX. and enjoy!
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Thanks for the tips & the links, guys. Because of this forum, I'm learning a lot on how to minimize various annoyances with the default ini settings. The lack of synchronicity with the audio, for example. Was having terrible sound problems in games like GOW with the sound going out of whack during CPU/GPU intensive moments, but using Async Mix mode corrected it. An issue in software mode with the Ratchet platformers & others was of course the audio slowing down along with the framerates, but Async Mix fixed that too. This forum is a valuable resource for PCSX2 users needless to say.
Intel i9-10850K CPU
Asus ROG STRIX z490-E Motherboard
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU
G.Skill Ripjaws VF4-4000C18D-32GVK DDR4-4000MHz Memory
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Version 21H2) OS
Async mixing is a good cure for a lot of issues but it does screw with the timings.
If you're (very) unfortunate, it may cause some kind of glitch in your games.
Stuff like the game hanging, not booting up, etc.
(09-28-2014, 12:15 AM)rama Wrote: Async mixing is a good cure for a lot of issues but it does screw with the timings.
If you're (very) unfortunate, it may cause some kind of glitch in your games.
Stuff like the game hanging, not booting up, etc.

Yes, I only use it when I absolutely have to, like when the audio does that distorted echo-like screech during heavy moments in GOW or some of the cut scenes in Onimusha 3. I use it sparingly, like I do with the Nvidia hack or Skipdraw. Thankfully, frontends (my preference is for PSLunch) make it very simple to do individual configs. Thanks for coding such a great emulator. It's my favorite, along with PPSSPP, and I've been using emulators since I got my first Pentium 90 way back when Biggrin
Intel i9-10850K CPU
Asus ROG STRIX z490-E Motherboard
EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU
G.Skill Ripjaws VF4-4000C18D-32GVK DDR4-4000MHz Memory
Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit (Version 21H2) OS