Making the 1.5.0 build links more visible should be a priority
A long time ago I made a post stating that it would be a good idea to make the 1.5.0 builds section more visible, but I was told that it's easy to find and not worth moving it.

Since I made that post, I've had to direct over 100 people (not exaggerating) to the 1.5.0 links.  At least half of these people have said "I can't find anything newer than 1.4.0" or "I only see 1.4.0 stable builds on their website".  The more people I saw, the more people I had to help, and that took lots of time away from me.  To add proof, I attatched a zip file with 14 examples of people who couldn't find the 1.5.0 builds, most of them are of me directing them to the 1.5.0 links location.  There were dozens more examples, I just never screenshotted those.

I'll say it again - putting the 1.5.0 builds right next to the 1.4.0 builds should be of higher priority and it's NOT a waste of time if I have to spend the equivalent of 3 months helping people find the builds that are "easy to find" but actually aren't.  I shouldn't have to do this, but it's a waste of time, so why bother moving them, am I right?  /s

Attached Files
.zip   Proof.zip (Size: 1,17 MB / Downloads: 116)

Sponsored links

that could have been a good idea 1 year ago.
but now...
I'll move this to the appropriate subforum
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Ah yes you are the guy from here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PCSX2/comments/...urce=share&utm_medium=web2x

Who told you it was a waste of time? In your reddit post you say "the devs". Which devs? Can't speak for the other devs but I don't even recall ever interacting with you once.

I went through your post history and found this thread:
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Make-the...re-visible

But I don't see anyone here calling it a "waste of time". Nor do I see a dev in this thread.

I don't really understand your "proof". We go through the same thing. No dev I know is ignorant of the fact that users often mistakenly use 1.4.0. For every 100 examples you have I have 100 more.

Setting all that aside. What exactly are you proposing we do? You want us to make the link to the dev build flash bright colors or what? Be more descriptive than "make it more visible" and lose the ***** attitude if you want people to be receptive to your suggestions.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Okay, it was some time ago, and I guess I wasn't told by a dev, but rather someone in the forum. I couldn't find my old post, so I remembered it incorrectly. I'm suggesting you put download links in this location:

https://imgur.com/a/wgioMYz

and add it in the "most downloaded files" on the side:

https://imgur.com/a/xCsVuyG

This will put links in the same place as people look for the latest build, and prevent people from thinking that 1.4.0 builds are the latest. Instead of going like this:

Get PCSX2 Here > Development > Download > Windows 32-bit

They can just do:

Download > Windows

like most people probably do.
Okay, I understand how you mean.

However there is something to consider here in that the 1.4.0 and 1.5.0 builds are actually hosted in different places. The 1.5.0 builds are hosted by orphis which is subsidized by ads so linking directly to them as the 1.4.0 builds are would cut into his revenue which he uses to pay for hosting.

Perhaps a link to his site can be added to the top of that page. I was under the impression most people would be hovering over the "download pcsx2 here" menu and would see the dev builds. I think there is confusion about what a "dev build" is and they see "latest" in front of "latest stable release" and this is the source of the confusion.

The other matter to consider is that we will *hopefully* be releasing soon so this problem should solve itself once that happens. Right now it's just kind of bad because we are way behind on a release and so 1.4.0 is way out of date.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Someone just messaged me this after helping them find the 1.5.0 links:

"Yeah you're right, the main site has 1.4 up under the download links in plain view, but 1.5 is hard to find especially for newcomers. Many will just download the stable versions. I can't even find anything labeled as 1.5.0 on the entire download page unless you would know to download a dev build in the first place, which many wouldn't obviously.

If it wasn't for this sub, I probably wouldn't have known 1.5 even existed and that many issues are fixed."

That's what he told me, that's a copy-paste from my Reddit inbox. Seems I'm not the only one that agrees.
(12-12-2019, 07:55 PM)goody_fyre11 Wrote: Someone just messaged me this after helping them find the 1.5.0 links:

"Yeah you're right, the main site has 1.4 up under the download links in plain view, but 1.5 is hard to find especially for newcomers. Many will just download the stable versions. I can't even find anything labeled as 1.5.0 on the entire download page unless you would know to download a dev build in the first place, which many wouldn't obviously.

If it wasn't for this sub, I probably wouldn't have known 1.5 even existed and that many issues are fixed."

That's what he told me, that's a copy-paste from my Reddit inbox.  Seems I'm not the only one that agrees.

well, that's how reddit is...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I don't get what you're trying to prove. No one has even expressed the slightest disagreement with you.

Look at this my my shoes. Some guy comes here complaining about some ***** story that the devs told him changing the download page was "a waste of time". I then pointed out to you that what you said was ***** and you acknowledged that you "remembered it incorrectly". So you offer a solution and I offer some counterpoints and alternative solutions.

I stated no disagreement with the fact that the downloads page is confusing to some users and you are still trying to prove it is? Why?

What I wanted was a discussion about what can/can't be done to improve it not to hear you whine on about how it's confusing when I (an actual dev and not a "dev" from your made believe story) explicitly acknowledged it is already.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ