get at least 45+ fps?

im running on a windows xp
1 gb ram
2.33 ghz cpu
geforce 8500 gt
512 video memory
and i have intel core duo

Sponsored links

Unfortunately the consensus will be: Tough rubber duckies.

These GUST games are known for slow FMV movies, and the speedhacks offered by PCSX2 typically cause moderate to severe audio problems, so you can't speedhack your way to better framerates. Your CPU just doesn't have enough horsepower.

(why you ask? Because the PS2 uses non-standard mpeg encoding techniques, and decodes those mpegs using a synchronization-sensitive process that has to be emulated with relatively precise accuracy. So basically the mpegs have to be decoded in the most brute-force way you can imagine)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
frankly i dun care about audio since im listening to music
and can ya teach me how to do that speedhack?
menu "config->speed hacks", but try the hacks one by one, not all games seem to like speed hacks and the efficiency of every hack is also very game dependend.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(09-06-2009, 01:51 AM)zero29 Wrote: menu "config->speed hacks", but try the hacks one by one, not all games seem to like speed hacks and the efficiency of every hack is also very game dependend.

ahh ty for teaching me how to do speedhacks
btw which one would u reccomend to use?
im new to the ps2 emu scene so yea im a blank slate >.<
i usually try the "vu cycle stealing" first, on slight or moderate speed up, because this hack seems to work wonders for most 3d games in pcsx2. but you'll often have to test them all one by one, to see which one of them is effective for the specific game you want to speed up. there are config and help threads on this forum for many games, search them for info on recommended plugins and speed hacks for your games.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(09-06-2009, 02:46 AM)zero29 Wrote: i usually try the "vu cycle stealing" first, on slight or moderate speed up, because this hack seems to work wonders for most 3d games in pcsx2. but you'll often have to test them all one by one, to see which one of them is effective for the specific game you want to speed up. there are config and help threads on this forum for many games, search them for info on recommended plugins and speed hacks for your games.

ty for the help but the game is just simply slow
i guess ill w8 for a future release or something
theres a million games out there no reason to cry
over 1 that doesnt work