Mana Khemia 2 and 1.4.0
Hello everyone, I've been lurking as a guest on the forums for a while now.

I have had small problems, for a while now, with Gust games (Mana Khemia 2 this time).

One minor problem that's happening to most of them since before 1.4.0 (Not sure about every game since I don't own them all, it at least happens in Atelier Iris 3, both Mana Khemia and Ar Tonelico) : Small slow downs before speeches. When characters start speaking sometimes the game will slow down for at most a second, and then carry on.
It happens whether I use Async Mix or TimeStretch or anything really in SPU2-X Settings.
I could try recording if needed.
I'm not sure I have seen a solution for this but since it is minor (doesn't happen everytime), I could play with it happening (still annoying  Sad )

The second problem is this :
[Image: 9df0c6b687.jpg]
As you can see, the girl on the right has her face's sprite warped really... weirdly. And it happened at other times later in the game!
It also happens with any hardware setting and also in software mode and I never noticed this when I played the game before. 
I have to admit having both problems kinda make the game annoying to run through...

Is there anything I can do about this? 
Hope you guys have answers!

Here are my specs just in case: 
[email protected], 8Gb ram
Radeon R9 380

Sponsored links

I don't think I can help you with #2, maybe this was always there but overlooked?

For your first problem, it happens because the game reads data at that time, so I'm guessing you are using the dvd disc. Instead create an image of your disc using imgburn ( http://www.imgburn.com/ ) and run that instead
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Could you check if the sprite issue exists in older PCSX2 (namely 1.2?)
Hey, I checked with 1.2.1 and it still happens! (Tried on a new game)

Also for the sound, I had my game already in .iso format before posting. Bad rip maybe?
What I noticed though is whenever there is a voice coming or a dialogue with portraits the console shows DVCI: File cache was not hit. "¥VPACK¥V04000.AFS;1"
and DVCI: File cache was not hit. "¥SOUND¥STREAM¥STREAM.AFS;1" (respectively)

Maybe it is just my file that is corrupted or my method for ripping games that is wrong? My disc for Mana Khemia 2 has been unreadable on any pc for a while so I'm not sure I can repair that...

Thanks for the answers!
There is nothing you can do about the sound problem. It happens in all Gust games like Mana Khemia and Ar tonelico.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yeah the sound hiccup is present in all Gust games. The only thing that seemed to alleviate it when i played was to overclock the EE a little and they were less noticeable.

It's probably just bad streaming in these games or smth.
EE overclock might help yeah, worth a shot if your system can handle it. Since gust games are very light I imagine OP can try that.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks! I'll try that!
Hum, I think those game read the GS memory. So we need to synchronize the GS and the EE thread. It is very costly if GS thread is late. Maybe reducing upscaling on GSdx could help (but that a stab in the dark).
(01-21-2016, 11:25 AM)gregory Wrote: Hum, I think those game read the GS memory. So we need to synchronize the GS and the EE thread. It is very costly if GS thread is late. Maybe reducing upscaling on GSdx could help (but that a stab in the dark).

It happens even in native. Even in software mode. At least it did on my FX 6300.