Manhunt 2 (NTSC)
Manhunt 2 (NTSC) disc verified on hardware PS2. On startup, PCSX2 0.9.6 runs with a black screen for a few seconds then throws an unhandled win32 exception [2248].

Last text line in console: "DVCI: Can't read filelist file.(\flist.dir)"

Core 2 E8400 w/ 4 GB RAM on XP 64 SP2.
GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE41) 0.1.14; SPU2-X 1.1.0; Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0; other settings @ default, no speedhacks.

@Mods: I searched the forums on "Manhunt 2" before posting. Based on other threads, it wasn't clear to me whether this belonged here or in General Discussion.

Sponsored links

Its a support issue. However you said its a disc, but you are using an iso plugin, i suggest using peops cdvd or gigaherz cdvd plugins if you are running from the original disc.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Switched from GSdx to ZeroGS and the crash no longer occurs. However, game is unplayable at 1-3 fps.
How should GSdx be configured to work with Manhunt 2?
probably, can you please tell us your GSDX config, also what graphics card you have

Yearh, I can't play this game as well. After the intro screen, just a black screen appears and the game runs under 1~3fps.
again gsdx config and graphics card please.

but remember Manhunt 2 has an "ingame" status, so it may not work properly anyway.

Also have you both tried the latest beta and latest gsdx?

Edit: You may find grabbing the latest revision of GSDX (from here http://guliverkli.sf.net/latest.php?q=GSdx ) and ticking the "Allow 8 bit textures" option may help. OR using software mode.

Good call! Switched to "Direct3D9 (software)" mode and FPS jumped to 21 in-game and 30-50 on the menu.