Manually add CRC ID's
So I posted a while back about graphical issues about two other versions of Sly 2: Band of Thieves and learned that the CRC ID's were not added.  They worked perfectly in the build that had the ID's.

If I had a similar situation, how could I add the ID's myself and save you some time?  Is it as easy as editing a file?

The thread was titled "Two unusual problems", just for reference.

Sponsored links

You can create pull requests on github, you first copy/fork the source code on your github account then you clone it locally on your pc.
Once you finish with the changes you push those changes to your fork > create a pull request to add changes from fork branch to master pcsx2 and wait someone to merge it.
I'm using Github Desktop for that.

As for editing the source code you should use Visual Studio 2015/17.
The crc ids are located in this file.
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/mast.../GSCrc.cpp

When adding crc ids make sure the one you are adding is not a duplicate. Sometimes multiple games can share a crc id.

As for the Sly 2 demo I did more than just adding the crc id.
I had to do a raw dump and find the framebuffer address since the demo uses a different one than the full games.

For compiling pcsx2
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/PCSX2_Documentati...on_Windows

My explanation is very short and not very clear (jumping straight to the point without any detailed explanation).
How github works I recommend googling and see how it works, clone the repo and start messing with it until you figure out how it works, then you can make PRs.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
If you were to add them yourself, it wouldn't help others who might have the same issue. In any case, it's easier to let us know what the missing CRCs are so that they can be added to our main database Wink
The problem is with the Sly 3 demo this time.  The shadows are "stripes" using Direct3D11, but it's way too slow using OpenGL.  Also, the "overdrawn" health bar is here too (screenshot provided).  I learned from last time, so the GS Dump is attatched.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.xz   gsdx_20180421221133.gs.xz (Size: 2,19 MB / Downloads: 199)
I'll take care of it in the following days, it probably needs more than just a crc id addition just like Sly 2 demo.
If it helps, I took 2 more screenshots.  One shows that the "stripes" cover the skybox, menaing that it's more than just shadows.  The other one is my graphics settings I used to get the GS Dump.

Also, the "SCUS" number is SCUS_974.84.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Latest dev build should be good.
Nice! There are no graphical glitches as far as I can tell.
Quote:The shadows are "stripes" using Direct3D11, but it's way too slow using OpenGL.

Latest dev build should be better even with disabled crc hacks.