Mapping F9 to controller?
Just curious, is there a way to map F9 to saaaayy the PS3/Xbox360 button on controllers? I usually play my games with a wireless PS3 controller. away from my monitor (when i'm close i see a lot more jaggies @.@) and if i have to switch to software mode, i have to go back to my PC, press f9, then wait, then press it back (for FFX-2 for example)
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

I believe that the Settings Shortcuts are hardcoded and not changeable!!
Maybe you can do this if you use Joy2Key or similar program(with the software of my logitech controller I can control literally anything that can be controller with keyboard and mouse)

BTW there was some svn version before that allows you to reconfigure some of the hardcoded keys but I can't remember where was the thread that explains how to do that)
(12-26-2011, 07:11 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: I believe that the Settings Shortcuts are hardcoded and not changeable!!

Wrong!! (sorry, had to use exclamation marks too...)

Since r4917 keyboard shortcuts can be configured via an ini file. However, they cannot be mapped to non-keyboard devices (e.g. gamepads).

Your best bet it to use a utility which can map joystick/gamepad inputs to keyboard, such as Joystick to Mouse.
hahaha avih, you tease Tongue the exclamation marks weren't really my plan to put it there Tongue and I also typed I believe, so I could be wrong and guess what I WAS!!! ^^
oh i didnt know f9 switches to software... heh heh thanks
(12-26-2011, 08:36 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: hahaha avih, you tease Tongue the exclamation marks weren't really my plan to put it there Tongue and I also typed I believe, so I could be wrong and guess what I WAS!!! ^^

No worries Smile Next time either be 110% sure you're right when you use them, or just use "AFAIK".. Wink
No dice on the Joystick 2 Mouse. didn't detect the MotionJoy Drivers.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
try XPADDER
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel