Massive lag during gameplay
(06-18-2012, 10:56 PM)kaizenmx Wrote: I came into conclusion that it was the game file that was causing the massive lag. Tried the other games and it worked fine.

That's not how a bad iso reacts.
It could be caused by scratches on your DVD if you are actually using your PS2 DVD, but an iso file won't give you lags
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

kaizenmx, have you tried the previous suggestion by enabling the MTVU speedhack? this will enable pcsx2 to use another core on your CPU. also try to use native mode in gsdx to see if the speed increases.

btw just because you can run witcher 2 and crysis 2 on the highest settings doesn't mean anything most modern pc games are offloaded to the graphic card, the system cpu is barely used anymore. where with pcsx2 its heavily cpu dependent.
Some games are just really broken. Maybe this is one of them.
(Broken as in they run, but they cause GSdx to do so much work, it's unplayable even on the best pc.)
I guess Urban Chaos is one of them.

Someone else can give it a go try to run this game. If it lags on your machine too, then it's a broken game.
urban chaos was running fine on my previous i3 [email protected] system, it isn't broken
Is it called Urban Chaos Riot Response?
(06-19-2012, 03:02 AM)kaizenmx Wrote: Is it called Urban Chaos Riot Response?

oops, just found out i mistake it as "urban reign", a different game, didn't remember correctly, my bad, sorryMellow
Game file???????
Now what does that have to do with pcsx2 emulation?????
:l
Intel core i5 3210m @3.1ghz
Nvidia Geforce GT650m 2Gb DDR5 (Core:975mhz/Memory:1000mhz)Cool
8Gb DDR3 1600hmz Ram
1Tb Hdd
1600x900 Hd resolutionBiggrin
Windows 8.1 64bit
Like someone else posted, some games are too broken to play on emulator. I'm guessing the game I was trying to play is one of them.