Massive problems while trying to run NFS Most Wanted, and Shadow of the Colossus
First I would like to say I am totally new to this. All I have ever done with pcsx2 is install the default bios and plug ins, and set up my gamepad. I don't want to go to deep into the settings in fear of messing something up. The problem is, that NFS Most Wanted - Black Edition works fine in cut scenes, running at 60fps, but in menus it runs at about 30% speed, and in game about 20% with massive red lines going veritcally across the screen. Shadow of the Colossus is at 100% up until the main menu, then never gets past 20fps. I have had full playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and have had no such problems. Any help would be appreciated.

CPU: AMD A10-6700 Richland Quad-Core 3.7 GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series — 16GB of DDR3

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB

Sponsored links

your CPU is a tad weak for those 2 demanding games.
About shadow of the xolossus : set vu cycle stealing to 2
About NFS : tinker with speedhacks, and don't expect miracles
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
For Need For Speed, go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and set Skipdraw to 1.
SotC have really high cpu requirements and even with high end cpu with high single threaded performance(the higher the better for emulators)it still requires speed hacks(VU Cycle Stealing)

Your cpu STP is barely 1600 which is the minimum recommended for most 3d games(not all).My cpu have around 2200 stp and I still can't play SotC without speed hacks.
And about NFSMW...when I look at the cpu/gpu usage,I would say the same thing about this game too.At 3x scaling the game is macking my cpu to enter in turbo mode and the usage is around 25% on all cores.And about the gpu...the gpu core usage is around 75%

So to sum it up,both games are heavy for your cpu
(08-21-2016, 10:25 PM)vsub Wrote: Your cpu STP is barely 1600 which is the minimum recommended for most 3d games(not all).
1600 is the recommended STP, no need to confuse people by adding minimum. 1600 should be fine for NFS with skipdraw set to 1.
(08-21-2016, 10:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: your CPU is a tad weak for those 2 demanding games.
About shadow of the xolossus :  set vu cycle stealing to 2
About NFS : tinker with speedhacks, and don't expect miracles

Thank you so much, have been playing SotC for about 15minutes and yet to experience less than 95% speed.

Will follow other instructions and report back on how NFS performs.

(08-21-2016, 10:18 PM)FlatOut Wrote: For Need For Speed, go to Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, click "Enable HW Hacks", go to Configure Hacks and set Skipdraw to 1.

I've set VU Cycle Stealing to 2 for SotC, will I need to change it back before setting this configuration for NFS?
Need for speed is up to 70%, anything else I could do to increase performance?
(08-21-2016, 10:43 PM)catalyzt9 Wrote: Need for speed is up to 70%, anything else I could do to increase performance?

Overclock the snot out of the AMD CPU, it won't get to 100% though.