Massive slowdown whenever I'm saving in any game
Hello all.
I have never had this issue before, but now whenever I am saving in any games that I am playing on PCSX2, I get massive lag and slowdown. Again, I have never had this issue before, and I even upgraded to 1.4.0 and still have this issue. (The version that I've been using was 1.2.1) I've tested this with Tales of the Abyss, Persona 4, Persona 3, and Dark Cloud 2 and all present with the same issue of massive slowdown whenever I am saving in any of these games. Can anyone help? Is it that the memory cards are corrupted or something?

Sponsored links

I don't think the cards are corrupt, but you can easily make a new memory card file to confirm it's happening to a fresh file as well. (Make sure you back up your old memory card files!)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-14-2017, 12:16 PM)Ryudo Wrote: I don't think the cards are corrupt, but you can easily make a new memory card file to confirm it's happening to a fresh file as well. (Make sure you back up your old memory card files!)

Any idea why it's happening though? I mean, I upgraded my gpu from a 960 to a 1070, and I figure everything should be fine since the 1070 is a much better gpu than the 960, but this slowdown during saving is really ticking me off
Never mind. I fixed the issue. If anyone else is having trouble, it was a memory card issue, so I made a new one, exported all my old saves to the new memory card, and everything was good. I hope this helps anyone else that might run into this issue.
(04-14-2017, 06:03 PM)Talgi Wrote: Never mind. I fixed the issue. If anyone else is having trouble, it was a memory card issue, so I made a new one, exported all my old saves to the new memory card, and everything was good. I hope this helps anyone else that might run into this issue.

Yeah... I come back on this thread close to 5 years later, but each time i search for a solution, I got here each time, so...
How did you do?! How exactly did you succesfully "made a new one, exported all the save and just everything was good"?
I try again and again and I still have the same issue TwT'

Oh, yeah, Happy New 2022 Year!
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go