Maximize Window Increases CPU Load
Well have you checked if the CPU usage has changed or is it still the same?
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]

Sponsored links

(03-23-2009, 04:59 PM)Syberproxy Wrote: Well have you checked if the CPU usage has changed or is it still the same?

Turning Aero on fixed the problem. So the CPU load remains the same when the window is maximized or unmaximized (as it should be). When using Vista Basic and only with Vista Basic, maximizing the window causes the CPU load to increase to near 100%.

I'm not sure if this 100% is real or just what PCSX2 is displaying. I'm at work now so I can't check but I will check that when I get home. My understanding is that PCSX2 only supports dual core so my real usage should only get near 50%.
No it should still say that it uses 100%. THAT 50% means that it uses only half of the 2 cores in your Quad.

You are right that PCSX2 uses only 2 cores so it will display its usage on those 2 cores and not the 4.
[Image: Sig3copy.gif]
No,he is talking about the GSdx window bar and that is abnormal to be 100% since it means your graphics card is the bottleneck. It's a vista bug,something to do with Aero for sure but we can't do something about it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]