MegaMan X Command Mission Cutscene Audio Desyncs
Whenever I try changing something, I always set everything else back to the way it was when it worked properly. I have yet to try with both but I get the feeling it will just be the same, one moment as I try.

Well running them both at the same time prevents me from getting checkerboards, but unless vu is set to 2 it still lags at the start.

On a side note, why are we messing with emulation and graphics settings, when audio desyncing ithe issue, the frame rate stays consistent always unless I turn down vu, but audio still desyncs so I don't think it is the video getting off track butt he audio somehow.

Sponsored links

but the reason for that seem to be the speedhacks or?
If we could get the speedhacks away the problem might disappear.

Since you already changed all sound options there seem not be something else with sound than using a different plugin (which you didn't like) or take the best but still not perfect settings.

What you also can try is using an older version of the emulator (maybe 0.9.8 or 1.0). Some people say that older versions were faster but with less compatibility. It might help.
Perhaps, I was looking at the option of using a older version in another thread, since with how drastically I've changed settings just trying to get the audio perfect and the game hasn't so much as had a single problem, compatibility might not be a a problem since I've at one point changed every setting that warns of compatibility issues and crashing with no problems.

It wasn't so much that I didn't like the plugin, but the fact it did sound horrible, blown out speakers would have gave you something similar to how it sounded.

Perhaps a custom plugin for sound could fix the issue, if there are any that is.

Thinking back to the log, I realised I forgot to turn on all sources, doing so resulted in this at the cutscene when audio desynced.

Pagesplit @ 0029EFF8 : size=2 insts
Pagesplit @ 002E1FFC : size=1 insts
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "¥¥F01.AFS;1"

Which seems to be nothing much, since I was seeing this pop up even when the audio was synced.

On a note I turned off all speedhacks and tried turbo mode, which to my surprise resulted in the opposite, 120 frames a second and the audio playing at normal, almost expected some comical alvin and the chipmunks voices but just that, if that helps.

So I downloaded 1.0 and installed it, and the log says it's PCSX2 1.1.0.r5766 Meanwhile the installer says it's version 1.0 from 2012.

Any ideas on that.

So I tried that, and version 0.9.8, and I got the same result, lag at start without speedhacks, actually in 0.9.8 I got lag even with speedhacks, and desynced audio with no lag with them.
Some days maybe weeks ago somebody proposed to set the base framerate in the .ini to 30(ntsc)/25(pal) fps and set turbo mode to 200%. Using turbo mode one could get the original speed again but the performance was slightly improved. You can try that.

to my knowledge audio can not be chipmunk or bass-like. It will either drop or wait some some 'frames' so that the timing is always correct.

Regarding the versions: 1.1 refers to the svn version that is not optimized. Using a stable release you can get a performance boost of a few %. Maybe somebody made a mistake during labeling. Where did you get it from? The archive of psxc2.net?
I might try the .ini file idea to see if that works, I'll install the latest version again to iron out any kinks that may come up since the other versions gave me the same.

This is the link I used to download it, the installer even says 1.0

http://pcsx2.net/download/viewcategory/4...1-0-0.html

Do you think you can guide me to where to find the .ini file.
(03-30-2014, 01:06 AM)ForThisIssue9447 Wrote: I might try the .ini file idea to see if that works, I'll install the latest version again to iron out any kinks that may come up since the other versions gave me the same.
You don't need to uninstall old versions. I would also prefer to use the binary/portable version. Then you can test different versions and it is quite easy to handle settings/saves/stuff

(03-30-2014, 01:06 AM)ForThisIssue9447 Wrote: This is the link I used to download it, the installer even says 1.0

Then I would guess the version is not labeled correctly.

(I'm going to bed. Good luck.)
Back to searching then, thanks for all the help, since you're the only one to actually help.
(03-30-2014, 01:15 AM)ForThisIssue9447 Wrote: Back to searching then, thanks for all the help, since you're the only one to actually help.

actually, helping you not getting bugs when using speedhacks so agressively goes against what this project aims at : accuracy.
If willkuer is courageous enough to get into this, fine with him. But very few will try to help someone whose main problem is very weak specs, even if he/she's unable to understand it.

In short, you deliberatly create a glitch/sync problem, then ask how to correct it. The 1st obvious answer is : "start by not creating it" Laugh
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-30-2014, 07:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, helping you not getting bugs when using speedhacks so agressively goes against what this project aims at : accuracy.
If willkuer is courageous enough to get into this, fine with him. But very few will try to help someone whose main problem is very weak specs, even if he/she's unable to understand it.

In short, you deliberatly create a glitch/sync problem, then ask how to correct it. The 1st obvious answer is : "start by not creating it" Laugh

What give you that idea? the fact it was asked that he give specs and and ignored it or that he was told using EE/VU cycle hacks can and will break things which included False FPS reading graphically/sound/ capabaitly issue? Which kind mentioned on the EE/VU page. There a reason why i stopped trying. Some people just dont want to accept thing.

Willkuer was try to be nice help with something that isnt pcsx2 fault.