Megaman Anniversary Collection slowdown
I am using the beta released on the 9/20 and am noticing some slowdowns on this game. Most of the games work well, but MM7 seems to be half speed as well as the lobby rooms. It does not report that my CPU is being taxed nor that my frame rate is actually below 60fps (which it very much is). The music also has no troubles, which when I run other games and see my cpu at 99% in the window the music will skip and be choppy as well as reporting fps drops (in sections that tax it). I am running it as an ISO, which I made myself off of my own retail copy.

Here are my cmputer specs:

AMD Phenom II X2 3.1ghz
nvidia 9500gt 1gb
6 gb ram
Vista 64 bit

here are my graphical settings and speed hacks:

using gsd
Direct3d10 hardware
Resolution variable, i tested it at multiple ones
no interlacing
texture filtering checked as well as allow 8bit textures

Use x2 cycle rate
intc sync hack
enable iopx2 cycle rate
idle loop fast forward
status flag hack

I know I am running the beta, so there may not be any help for this, but I thought I would go ahead and try.

Sponsored links

Did you tried checking "native" and unchecking "allow 8-bit textures" and with a software renderer?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-04-2009, 11:34 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Did you tried checking "native" and unchecking "allow 8-bit textures" and with a software renderer?

Ok, I tried with native after unchecking "allow 8 bit textures" on both direct9 and direct 10 hardware and then tried both direct 10 and direct 9 software. The problem is still there. :/
Oh you mean you get 60fps but it runs slower? tried disabling speedhacks?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-05-2009, 01:56 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Oh you mean you get 60fps but it runs slower? tried disabling speedhacks?

Thank you very much, this worked perfectly!
Also (for anyone that finds this topic by using search), after trying that, I noticed the game runs best with direct93d on software mode. Place 1 AA on as well, as it makes it look much better. These settings are also optimal for the Megaman X collection.
I actually owned the MMA collection and MMX collections in the past (now that the emu works better than in the past, I'm due for a trip to Gamestop for those and Grandia 2 again Tongue ). Be aware that even running perfectly in the emulator, those collections will still run a bit slowly at times. They had slowdown even on the actual PS2.

EDIT - specifically, they had slowdown on the PS2 because the collection games were emulating the SNES (and for a few of the titles, PSX) hardware they were running at the time. The slowdown that occurred was on par with the original cartridges.
/END EDIT

Kind of funny, since the PS2 was emulating the original hardware those games ran on, playing it this way your emulating a console that's emulating another one. Laugh
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit