MemCard saves
Hi, i've a problem with memory cards in pcsx2.
I've copied memory cards as backup in another hdd but now trying to place in emulator that memory card it say to format.
I've try follow the instrunctions for using imgburn/mymc/etc but that get me confused.
There is a way to open a memcard file with a program like explorer?
Why backup memory card didn't work? Maybe i've wrong doing copy normally of memory cards?

EDIT: can i know the exact way to make safely the backup of memory cards and how to return that saved memory card in pcsx2? (saved in other hdd or other position in same hdd) the guides talking only about saves from gamefaqs etc

Sponsored links

(03-20-2014, 03:43 PM)Drax80 Wrote: Hi, i've a problem with memory cards in pcsx2.
I've copied memory cards as backup in another hdd but now trying to place in emulator that memory card it say to format.
I've try follow the instrunctions for using imgburn/mymc/etc but that get me confused.
There is a way to open a memcard file with a program like explorer?
Why backup memory card didn't work? Maybe i've wrong doing copy normally of memory cards?

EDIT: can i know the exact way to make safely the backup of memory cards and how to return that saved memory card in pcsx2? (saved in other hdd or other position in same hdd) the guides talking only about saves from gamefaqs etc

Mymc
(03-21-2014, 12:08 AM)Coornio Wrote: Mymc

Sorry my bad english have fail to explain. Huh
I have done normal copy of memory card file (Mcd001.ps2) in another HDD.
Now i've delete the memory card in use (in this HDD) so i'm go to get the memory card backup saved in another HDD.
I can't use it cause the program say is not formatted, that make me think i've wrong doing backup or now replacing in emulator.
Using Mymc i can't transfer the games from the backup memory card, then i'm asking help.

EDIT: memory cards backup seem to be empty, only system configuration. i'm asking what i've done wrong
Do mymc "see" the games inside the files?

Sorry to say this is looking like a bad omen indeed, let's hope it can be solved. Looks like something got wrong in the backup indeed. But since there were reports about memcard issues and some svn versions not long ago, let's hope is not something irrecoverable.

For now there is not enough data to make precise diagnostic.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-21-2014, 01:51 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Do mymc "see" the games inside the files?

Sorry to say this is looking like a bad omen indeed, let's hope it can be solved. Looks like something got wrong in the backup indeed. But since there were reports about memcard issues and some svn versions not long ago, let's hope is not something irrecoverable.

For now there is not enough data to make precise diagnostic.

Nothing bad, i need some update for my english Biggrin
I'm thinking that maybe is some procedure to make backup safe, the memcards i've copied in another HDD have inside only configuration system.
Mymc can see inside and i've discovered this today Blush
Thank both for answers.
I am not sure if the problem is solved or not but there are programs like 'Recuva' to recover deleted files. Using that you might find your old memcard that you deleted.