Memcard file help
Exclamation 
Excl Please can someone help me? I duplicated one of my memcard for Gran Turismo 4. I was intended to use the "Have All Cars in Garage" code do that I can trade in cars that I don't have in my collection yet. I used the code, booted the game in the duplicated memcard, and save it there. However, when I went back to reinsert my original memcard, the card apparently formatted as it was blank. I've worked so hard in that game and only had exactly 7% left towards completion. Sad
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!

Sponsored links

Does no one have a solution? I really need help here.
PC Specs:
did you try to open the messed up memory card in mymc? if so does anything show up?
I am not sure if this will work but if you have a recent save state or a backup save state(it is created every time you try to save),you can try this.

1.Create a new memory card and format it through the bios
2.Make sure that auto eject function in the memory cards is enabled
3.Load your save state and try to save the normal way

PS.Are you sure you are loading the correct memory card(I have 5 cards and 2 folder memory cards which I use because it's safer than relying in a single file to contains all of my saved(say some game corrupt the card and that will make all of the saves unusable)
With folder memory card,you can just copy your save(it's folder)and restore it later if you want
(04-19-2019, 11:19 AM)wheninrome Wrote: did you try to open the messed up memory card in mymc? if so does anything show up?

Mymc doesn't recognize the file because it's now unformatted. You have to reformat it within a game or more preferably, the BIOS.

(04-19-2019, 04:06 PM)vsub Wrote: I am not sure if this will work but if you have a recent save state or a backup save state(it is created every time you try to save),you can try this.

1.Create a new memory card and format it through the bios
2.Make sure that auto eject function in the memory cards is enabled
3.Load your save state and try to save the normal way

PS.Are you sure you are loading the correct memory card(I have 5 cards and 2 folder memory cards which I use because it's safer than relying in a single file to contains all of my saved(say some game corrupt the card and that will make all of the saves unusable)
With folder memory card,you can just copy your save(it's folder)and restore it later if you want

I'm getting this message, which I've ran into before in this and other Gran Turismo 4 saves: "Do you wish to create new game data? Creating a new game data will cause the existing garage to be deleted." I have been loading from the correct memory card. Is there any way to extract a save from a savestate? I, however, think that this isn't possible, however. I'm now trying out file recovery programs to see if I could possibly retrieve my memory card. All of my emulators and games are stored in my HDD, not the SSD where Windows is installed and I haven't made any changes to my HDD since the incident yesterday.
PC Specs:
PCSX2 is writing directly into the card it's nor creating a new file which means file restoring programs will do nothing.
Did you tried what I told you.

Just eject all card and insert only the new formatted card,load your save state and save the game.
And no,you can't extract save data from savestate.
I have tried to: eject all cards, formatted the card in the BIOS, loaded my savestate, and save the game. In the end, I've gotten the message I've posted earlier. I don't want to empty out my garage as I've worked really hard getting those cars in the game.
PC Specs:
This is what I just did(I have the PAL version at 100% with 213 cars)

1.I went to the Title screen with the data already loaded and went down to SAVE and press F1 to create a save state
2.Exit the game,,ejects all cards and create a new card(8mb)and format it in the bios
3.Run the game and press F3 to load the save state
4.I click X on the SAVE and the game ask me
"Do you wish to save" ...Yes I do

Then another question...No GT4 game data present...do you wish to recheck...Cancel

Do you wish to create a new game data(this may make you think that it will create a new save like you are starting the game for the first time but that's not true in this situation)...Create

Are you sure you wish to create...OK

Game data will be created...1498kb...Ok,so many questions,enough already,yes I want to create a save

Wait until it's done.
Restart the game and when you run it again,you will see that you have the progress you had from the save state but without loading the save state
I did exactly as you said and here's the results: I was able to keep my progress, but now I have only one car on me right now. I had over 400 cars already and I lost them all. This has happened to me, for now, the third time. I guess I have no choice but to completely start over from square one, for now, the second time. It's pointless if I have only one car left.
PC Specs:
Umm do you have only one car when you load your latest save state