Resolved: [Bug Report] Memory Card Error; won't save anymore
Good afternoon,

sorry to bother you but I could'nt fix this issue myself nor did I find a thread / solution on the internet that works for my problem.

The issue is that I can't save anymore. Saving games worked just fine until last week's Friday.
Since then the game tells me:" Memory Card Error - the memory card ind slot 1-A was removed, please re-insert...".
I tried:
-Exiting and re-starting the emulator
-Going to the memcard configuration and ejecting, re-injecting the memcards
-copying and injecting the memcards copies
-selecting no disk and copy the data from one card to another within the emulator (the data copy failed everytime and I just got some defect data on the memcards I tried coppying to)
-converting the data into a memcard folder and injecting that one (the folder wasn't even manageable in the emulator menu)

Please note: Before trying to fix this issue I didn't update, delete, or move anything within the emulator.
                 I installed and still use the emulator version 1.4.0.
                 However after going to the memcard config. and ejecting, re-injecting the memcards I obviously looked if this solved the problem (it did not) I went                               back to the memcard config. and all of a sudden I had 4 ports listed on port 1.

I'll send you pictures enclosed for better reference.
I'd be very glad if you have a solution for my problem.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any more information.

Best regards
Christoph Marx

Sponsored links

This may be fixed on the latest version: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index....indows-x86. Try doing a fresh install and carrying over your memory card to the new folder.
Are you loading a save state when you run the game or you are trying to load a memory card save
There are some games that save the memory card too,and if something went wrong,that will be the end in most cases.

Such problem can be caused(in some games)if you
1.Run the game and create a save state
2.Save the game the normal way(memory card save)
3.Load the save state and try to load\save into the memory card

The Auto-Eject feature was added because of this problem but it's can't fix all problems
(03-04-2019, 10:13 PM)kidflash Wrote: This may be fixed on the latest version: https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index....indows-x86. Try doing a fresh install and carrying over your memory card to the new folder.

Thanks for your reply. Sadly the fresh install of this version didn't fix the issue.
Do you have any more ideas?
(03-04-2019, 10:17 PM)vsub Wrote: Are you loading a save state when you run the game or you are trying to load a memory card save
There are some games that save the memory card too,and if something went wrong,that will be the end in most cases.

Such problem can be caused(in some games)if you
1.Run the game and create a save state
2.Save the game the normal way(memory card save)
3.Load the save state and try to load\save into the memory card

The Auto-Eject feature was added because of this problem but it's can't fix all problems
Well yes, I actually do.
I often use those before a harder section of the game, so I don't have to run the whole way from the checkpoint to the section where I died.
And I use them after I saved the game on the memcard, before closing the emulation to save the time you usually spent by loading the game from the memcard.

So there is really no way to get my safed data on the memcard back?
Thank you for your report.
This bug report has now been marked as Resolved since it has been fixed on our code base.

This thread will now be closed and moved to the resolved bug reports subforum.