Memory Card Problem - GTA 3 and Vice City
I've done a bit more research and found another game that doesn't like it when you convert the memory card - Dance Summit 2001.
When the save is present on a memory card, the games saves and loads fine, but when converted and placed in the folder, the games no longer loads and simply reports that "Auto load failed" every single time, so the game can't be started.
Did you guys manage to find anything else regarding this?

Sponsored links

I've had problems similar to this with GTA LCS where I'll transfer a save and the game will act like the save isn't there. It'll just start a new game and the save slot will be blank.
(01-26-2016, 06:37 AM)[]HP[]Hawkeye Wrote: I've had problems similar to this with GTA LCS where I'll transfer a save and the game will act like the save isn't there. It'll just start a new game and the save slot will be blank.

This is exactly what happens to me. It seems that this the default action when the game determines that the save is corrupt/incompatible with that version, as well as when there is no save present.

An update; I tried GTA 3 again and decided to play normally until I could save, then maybe replace the data manually. However, upon accessing the save screen, the game locked up completely and I had to reset. I repeated this and got the same results. Tried Vice City, same thing happened, twice. I would hazard a guess that it's the same situation for Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories, too...