Memory Card Wiped?
My friend was playing a game and he claims this is the second time this has happened to him.

He plays a game, saves his progress, stops playing, reboots his computer at some point and he comes back to the save data he was using somehow being gone.

I asked him to give me his memory card so I can check it myself (I have the same game) and, surely enough, his save data really is gone.

This has never happened to me before so i don't have the slightest clue as to why this is happening for him.

I think he was playing with speedhacks on but I don't see how that's relevant to the memory card. (If it is, please tell me; if not, please tell me anyway? :p)

That way he can avoid future mishaps like losing an entire playthrough if speedhacks is the problem for save disappearances.

If that's not the problem, is there any way this can be solved?

Attached Files
.zip   The MemCard.zip (Size: 332,79 KB / Downloads: 93)

Sponsored links

What game was it and what type of memory card?
(07-19-2018, 02:45 AM)CK1 Wrote: What game was it and what type of memory card?

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix (We both English patched ours) and it was an 8MB memory card.
I have Final Mix as well with the English patch and don't have the issue. I downloaded your Memory Card file, saved, rebooted just for testing purposes and the save is still there. Something else on the computer must be screwing around somehow. Check your folder/file permissions to make sure the MCD file can actually be written to.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Moved to general support.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
perhaps the game is "saving" and the emulator crashes....if that happen so the memcard corrupts....
it also happens to my nulldc the memcards is saving and the emulator crashes the memcard wiped.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel