Memory Cards Gone!
Hi. I was wondering what PCSX2 0.9.6 does by default with memory card files when you uninstall/reinstall it. The reason I am asking is that as far as I can tell, my memory card files have been completely wiped after uninstalling/reinstalling. To me this does not seem like good default behavior.

The reason why I uninstalled is because it is known that in Final Fantasy X at the Summoner Sanctum (did a search on the forums) PCSX2 0.9.6 completely crashes. I tried installing a new beta, but finding that my saves have been completely erased is disappointing.

The only thing I know is intact is a save state right before the glitch in the summoner sanctum. Of course, it only runs in version 0.9.6, but if there's anything I can do to use it in the new beta I will.

Sponsored links

... the reason everything dissapeared is that you didn't backed up the memory card file, by default uninstalling pcsx2 erases everything. mmm... maybe you can use that savestate, reinstall pcsx2 .0.9.6 and load it, and go to a save point, save in the memory card and back up the files in the memcards folder, and paste them on the beta folder of pcsx2
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
(07-31-2009, 07:25 PM)marche1990 Wrote: ... the reason everything dissapeared is that you didn't backed up the memory card file, by default uninstalling pcsx2 erases everything. mmm... maybe you can use that savestate, reinstall pcsx2 .0.9.6 and load it, and go to a save point, save in the memory card and back up the files in the memcards folder, and paste them on the beta folder of pcsx2

yes, very wise advice indeed. Only thing is that I'm at a part of the game where there is no way to get to a save point as far as I've tried until after the cutscene that crashes Sad. Yeah I've tried but unfortunately I'm not sure if there IS a way to get past it. If there is some kind of temporary file or something that stores the memory cards... or a way to get the save state to work in the new game.... or even a way to get past the scene in 0.9.6..

Thanks
the later betas are able to pass the djose temple and al bhed home crash scenes without any problems. did you already try loading a 0.9.6 state with the latest beta?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Yes, and unfortunately as far as I can tell it doesn't work, unless there's some kind of magic I need to work. Any kind of file renaming I need to do? I tried it with the latest beta and 0.9.4, 0.9.5, etc...

What if I can turn OFF the graphics or something in PCSX2 during the scene and turn it on afterward? Would that solve the problem?

The error I'm getting says something about a bad psm.
the states are identified by the crc of the game, no need to rename them. does it crash when pressing F3, or any errors/warnings in the console when you load a state?

to run the scene without any graphical output set your gsdx renderer to dx9/10 (null), but no idea if that enables you to pass the crash scene.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
PCSX2 0.9.6's savestates and beta ones are not compatible, unfortunatelly you'll have to use a older normal memory card save (you should be able to go back to a earlier place to save if i'm not mistaken and you didnt save state in the cutscene) if you wanna try that route.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Lol the first time i ran my PCSX2 beta and played FFX for a while and then started it again (some hours later) i couldnt load my savefile from the loadstate either from memory card and that was because of that i didnt run it as administrator since i have vista so if u have vista run it as admin always when u wanna play but if u have XP then i dont know ;/
Right now I am at a loss as to what to do. Unfortunately the only memory card backup I have is over 20 hours of play before my latest save, and for whatever reason even the save state gives an error saying something about "the save state must be from an old version of PCSX2" in 0.9.6 even though I've used it recently with 0.9.6 and unsuccessfully with 0.9.4, 0.9.5, and the latest beta. That save state was at a point in the game where I couldn't go back to do a normal memory card save. Unless there's some kind of cache for the memory cards, a way to bypass that part in FFX (assuming I can get the save state going), etc, there's no hope left Sad.

Thank you for your help everyone.
Oops sorry double posting due to network problems.