Memory card consistency problems?
I seem to have a problem with memory cards not being consistent with regards to being formatted as a PS2 MC or not.
Memory cards from version 9.8 is not recognized at all in 1.2 and only some of the ones from 1.0 is recognized in 1.2.
Why is this? Is there any surefire way to backup your memory cards?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

Open the "non working" card with mymc and export all of your saves.
Then either import them into a working card and create a new one(don't forget to format it in bios)

Personally I've never seen such a thing and if I remember correctly,I'm still using 0.9.6 cards
(05-13-2015, 11:23 PM)vsub Wrote: Open the "non working" card with mymc and export all of your saves.
Then either import them into a working card and create a new one(don't forget to format it in bios)

Personally I've never seen such a thing and if I remember correctly,I'm still using 0.9.6 cards

Doesn't work, they are not recognized by either PCSX2 or mymc.
If mymc doesn't work it sounds more like corruption than inconsistency... Can you still open the memcard with an older version?
(05-13-2015, 11:52 PM)willkuer Wrote: If mymc doesn't work it sounds more like corruption than inconsistency... Can you still open the memcard with an older version?

Apparently not. But what can I do to prevent this?
are the new cards backwards compatible if you turn NTFS compression off? you could make a new card, load it in the old version in the second slot and boot to the bios and copy your saves over that way
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

So it is really a corruption issue and not inconsistency?

I think avoiding corruption is only barely possible.
- Don't close applications abruptly with read/write access to the file
- Don't move the files too often between hard drives especially not if one of them or all are ancient.
- Check hard drive functionality from time to time
- Always make backups on a separate hdd.

But I think you know all of that already...
(05-13-2015, 11:59 PM)refraction Wrote: are the new cards backwards compatible if you turn NTFS compression off? you could make a new card, load it in the old version in the second slot and boot to the bios and copy your saves over that way

Works fine normally. I moved mine to my laptop before. (And that was a different OS too. Source was from Windows 7, while my laptop was running Windows 8.1 Pro)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
As I have understood no version of pcsx2 can load the memcard files. (right?)
Yeah. It does sound like corruption to be honest. He should just follow your advice to possibly prevent it next time. Don't see why else it would act the way it's doing for him..
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)