Memory card consistency problems?
(05-14-2015, 03:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You sure it's the right file?

It has the games serial number, and as far as I am aware, each game has a unique serial number. And I made a save state in an unoccupied slot for that game and it has the exact same name as the other ones (except for 00.p2s being replaced by 09.p2s). So yeah, it should be the right file...
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

Hrmm.

Are you trying to transfer the states between versions or load them in the one that made them? Like I said, savestates often aren't compatible between versions. 1.2.1 is compatible to 1.3, but 1.0.0 is not to 1.2 I think.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(05-14-2015, 04:09 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Hrmm.

Are you trying to transfer the states between versions or load them in the one that made them? Like I said, savestates often aren't compatible between versions. 1.2.1 is compatible to 1.3, but 1.0.0 is not to 1.2 I think.

Wait, there is a version 1.3 now? Update time!

And I've been trying to open them in he version that made them. It only happened with one game, the others went fine. I tried first with an older version, but it said it was the wrong version, so I switched to the version it was made in.
1.3 is the GIT beta version.

As for that other, it could be that particular state is corrupt.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(05-14-2015, 04:12 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: 1.3 is the GIT beta version.

As for that other, it could be that particular state is corrupt.
Is there any reason for a casual user like me to be using the BETA version? Won't I have to compile it myself and stuff?

Seems like it. Oh well, at least I managed to save around 30 hours of game time, so, it's something, I suppose :/

I'll give you a message if something happens to my test MC files.

Also, I hope your dreams are a pleasant place ;-)

EDIT:
Also, may I ask why you guys have this particular file structure in PCSX2?
Why not just put it all into the PCSX2 main folder by default? Much easier to keep multiple versions and configurations around and it would be way easier to transfer between devices and hdds.
#1 - It's the beta yes, but it has more features than 1.2.1. No you don't have to compile it, you can get it from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

As for the structure, do you mean keeping some stuff in My Documents? You can override that by creating a file "portable.ini" in the main PCSX2 folder. It doesn't have to have anything in it, just exist. The ones from the link above are this way by default.
(05-14-2015, 04:21 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: #1 - It's the beta yes, but it has more features than 1.2.1. No you don't have to compile it, you can get it from http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

As for the structure, do you mean keeping some stuff in My Documents? You can override that by creating a file "portable.ini" in the main PCSX2 folder. It doesn't have to have anything in it, just exist. The ones from the link above are this way by default.

So, just by having a portable.ini file, it will look for everything(bios, sstates, inis, memcards, etc etc) in the PCSX2 main folder?

And thanks, I didn't know buildbots existed XD
In subfolders of the main folder.

e.g. PCSX2/memcards, PCSX2/states etc

Otherwise they are %USERPROFILE%/My Documents/PCSX2/memcards etc
(05-14-2015, 04:24 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: In subfolders of the main folder.

e.g. PCSX2/memcards, PCSX2/states etc

Otherwise they are %USERPROFILE%/My Documents/PCSX2/memcards etc

I meant the folders would be in the main folder ^_^

And thanks, this would've saved me a headache if I knew it before I started recovering from older versions T_T

I assume I just put everything from the build into the PCSX2 folder I have now and overwrite everything. And then take everything from the PCSX2 folder in My Docs and stuff it into the main folder.
(05-14-2015, 04:27 AM)Kaze Wrote: I assume I just put everything from the build into the PCSX2 folder I have now and overwrite everything. And then take everything from the PCSX2 folder in My Docs and stuff it into the main folder.

I usually just backup my memcards/states/bios folders(or whatever you wanna keep) and then wipe the whole thing and replace it.