Memory card issue
So I've been playing on PCSX2 for ages, namely Okami and had you-can-guess number of hours saved. I was using a memory card and multiple save states.

I recently had to back up and restore my computer, and transferred all of my PCXS2 files, BIOS, and screenshotted all of my personal settings. So I reinstall everything, have all my stuff in the same folders, put all my settings back, everything works fine, until I go to load from the memory card. Okami says I have no data in the memory card slots. In the folder, the memory cards are definitely the files I saved to while playing, and I have no idea what's going on. Naturally, the save states don't work either since they have nothing to load from.

Now this is probably OE because I didn't think to look up if I needed to do anything in particular with the files instead of just copy/pasting them, but I didn't see any problem with it at the time. What do I do? I've searched the forums for similar problems that don't match mine exactly, nothing in the FAQ or manual, etc.

(memory card here)

Sponsored links

Save states have nothing to do with memcards, so if neither works you probably didn't back them up correctly. Maybe they were saved in your windows user folder instead and you missed backing them up?
(the memcard you attached is empty and unformatted, ie never used)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-28-2016, 11:01 AM)Bositman Wrote: Save states have nothing to do with memcards, so if neither works you probably didn't back them up correctly. Maybe they were saved in your windows user folder instead and you missed backing them up?
(the memcard you attached is empty and unformatted, ie never used)

Nope, I just figured it out. Once you told me it was unformatted (since I have no idea how to look at the files myself) I hypothesized that the only explanation is when I reinstalled, since I had preserved all the folders in a separate place exactly as-is--even moved the memory cards over before actually installing PCSX2/setting up--it must have replaced the memory cards with new files since I never renamed them so I couldn't tell the difference. I just replaced the memory cards again with the ones in my backup folder and it's working. I guess I'll have to rename it this time to avoid fooling myself in the future.

I was at wit's end last night but it's always the last thing you try right?

Thanks so much!!!
Yeah that would explain it. No problem, have fun Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]