Memory card recovery
hello all

I wanted to try out Action replay, but when i started the game all my saved games were deleted, the memory card was formatted.

is there a way to recover the saved games, a program to use or anything?

Sponsored links

Post the card
(12-17-2012, 10:54 PM)vsub Wrote: Post the card

this my sound stupid, but how do u want me to post it, how do i view the contents inside

sry im new to this stuff
1.Start PCSX2 the go to Config=>Memory Cards=>you will see the path where the cards are and the name of the card from the first and second slot
2.Go to the folder where the card is,archive the memory card which you use and post it here
(12-17-2012, 11:43 PM)vsub Wrote: 1.Start PCSX2 the go to Config=>Memory Cards=>you will see the path where the cards are and the name of the card from the first and second slot
2.Go to the folder where the card is,archive the memory card which you use and post it here

i tried opening the card with note but i get a bunch of gibberish , im not sure if this is what u need.

but i tired opening it myMC , its giving my a Unrecoverable ECC error
when opening the card with note, passing some of the gibberish, i spotted the data of the game i was playing, but when i check back with the emulater the game says no save,
there is alot is gibberish when i open with note, how else can i post it
(12-18-2012, 02:49 AM)berserker9999 Wrote: when opening the card with note, passing some of the gibberish, i spotted the data of the game i was playing, but when i check back with the emulater the game says no save,
there is alot is gibberish when i open with note, how else can i post it

Never open binary files with the notepad. Use a hex editor if ever feeling the urge of knowing it's content. HxD is one good free hex editor for windows.

But if the memory was formatted (assuming you clicked yes when asked), I fear is impossible to recover it's content now.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-18-2012, 02:55 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Never open binary files with the notepad. Use a hex editor if ever feeling the urge of knowing it's content. HxD is one good free hex editor for windows.

But if the memory was formatted (assuming you clicked yes when asked), I fear is impossible to recover it's content now.
i opened it with Hex , but i was not sure to post it, or if it would be useful.

i didnt intentionally format it, i tried using action replay for cheats, and when i started the game my saves were gone, when i checked the memory card from pcsx2 it says formated, but when i opend the file in note, i found my save data information, but the game says no save, the data is still there , but i dont know how to recover it
sry i checked again, im not really usre if it was formatted but, it says last modified at the time when the saves where gone
(12-18-2012, 03:00 AM)berserker9999 Wrote: i opened it with Hex , but i was not sure to post it, or if it would be useful.

i didnt intentionally format it, i tried using action replay for cheats, and when i started the game my saves were gone, when i checked the memory card from pcsx2 it says formated, but when i opend the file in note, i found my save data information, but the game says no save, the data is still there , but i dont know how to recover it

Do you use sstates also? it may corrupt the memcard sometimes, in some situations.

Is highly advisable not using sstate while testing cheats until being sure they worked as intended. Even then is important to have in mind the sstate will keep whatever change in memory and so keeping the cheat "recorded" even if disabled afterward, a potentially dangerous situation if the cheat was wrong even if not causing the above mentioned memcard corruption.

PS: Do you mean the actual Action Replay iso? well, I can't help in this case, vsub is an expert in the subject, if someone can help you now is him, good luck.
Imagination is where we are truly real