Memory card slot 1 failed ( stopped working )
Fist off want too say .. I did many searches looking for this issue however did not find any that were like mine .. sorry if I missed it.

Anyhow, I have been playing FF X for a bit now .. was at 62 hours in. As I went too save in the omga runis .. i got a blue screen (BSOD). So I restart my comp .. fast boot FF X .. go too Mem Card 1 and I get msg like this PS 2 memory card slot 1 faild to load. No matter what i try can get it too show any of my saves. I happen too have 1 .. only one save in mem slot too its at hour 48 ( GRRR ). when i load that and try too save too Mem slot 1 it says. Check of mem card 8mb ps2 in memory card slot 1 failed.

UMM what do I do too fix mem slot 1 ? .. dd i just lose 15hours of game play.. ( i quit if so LOL ).

Sidenotes: I have not had bluescreens in A year +, installed battlefield 3 alpah last night only change too my comp since i have been play FFX. (now its uninstalled ) ... have had 0 issuse with the PCSX2 for the last 60 hours of play time once I fixed the clamps thing for FF X.

AMD 965 @ 4Ghz
8Gb Ram
MSI T/F III 6950
Vista 64 bit

Sponsored links

Did you get the BSOD while saving? Then I'm afraid your save is probably corrupt :/
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-30-2011, 09:46 PM)Bositman Wrote: Did you get the BSOD while saving? Then I'm afraid your save is probably corrupt :/

well yes .. i was in the act of saving .. it made the sound it makes when you are done saving .. but it BSOD right after that.

I would assume the last save would be bad .. but how do I get too the saves before that .. that are on mem card 1?
Hmm try this, go to the CDVD menu in PCSX2 and select No disc. Then do a Full boot, get in the memory card browser and try transferring the saves from memcard 1 to memcard 2
(07-30-2011, 09:51 PM)Bositman Wrote: Hmm try this, go to the CDVD menu in PCSX2 and select No disc. Then do a Full boot, get in the memory card browser and try transferring the saves from memcard 1 to memcard 2

Well good and bad news.

Right before I read this post .. i loaded up psx3 and hit F3 ... I have a savestate at 61hours .. THANK GOD. Badnews it I tryed the fullboot and looked in mem card 1 .. it says "Their is no data" .. and top left Memory Card (PS2)/1 0KB Free

How do I reformat this card ? cant do anything with it it seems
Did you have other saves you need there? If not, just go in the PCSX2 installation folder, memcards folder and delete the mcd001 file, PCSX2 will auto generate a fresh one. If you still need saves from it, I guess you could try using MyMC to recover them ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-us...from-PCSX2 ) (it's a guide for a different thing but you can download the program from there)
(07-30-2011, 10:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Did you have other saves you need there? If not, just go in the PCSX2 installation folder, memcards folder and delete the mcd001 file, PCSX2 will auto generate a fresh one. If you still need saves from it, I guess you could try using MyMC to recover them ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-us...from-PCSX2 ) (it's a guide for a different thing but you can download the program from there)

Thank you Very much, will try and see. I think this save state will do the job tho ... anyhow thank you very much kind Sr. may you win the lotto & have many women worship you!
(07-30-2011, 10:07 PM)neko77025 Wrote: Thank you Very much, will try and see. I think this save state will do the job tho ... anyhow thank you very much kind Sr. may you win the lotto & have many women worship you!

No problem Smile With my luck, I'd probably get my PC blown up instead Tongue