Memory card stop working
Hi! As you see I am new here and I'm glad to find a good community here. First at all i would like to apologize for my bad english. Anyway I'll try to do my best

At January I started to play Dragon Quest VIII, yes.. that awesome masterpiece. I had played about 80hs and now I was trying to continue. I am think that I am in the end of the game but when I load the memory says "No adventure log found in memory card 1"
So I tryed with no disc and seems that is unformated! and ask me to give a format and obviously I put no. The memory card looks have a few saves. One of castlevania and other for dragon quest. But from dragonquest game cant load any of both memory cards. From castlevania game I can load that save in memory2. Anyway the problem that concerns is the 1st memory that seems unformated but I didn't do anything. So I watch the file at windows explorer at it seems that the last modified was at June 1st. Maybe I tryed to play the game that day but close the emulator fast for a reason (I was very bussy that day) Maybe I broke the game closing the emulator while was saving or loading... there's a way to restore that file??

again sorry for my bad english! if you can read this down to here and don't fall asleep, congratulations Smile and sorry.

Thank you so much

Sponsored links

Probably best to search the whole system for *.ps2.

I think saves are not touched until they are loaded. A corruption by fast closing shouldn't appear.
Try looking in the memorycard with mymc tool, or if you want, attach the card here and I will look at it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks for the answers. Here is the file. Well I am downloading mymc too.

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd001.rar (Size: 185,8 KB / Downloads: 106)
This happens when I try to load the file

[Image: RIe5glo.png]
It's legitimately corrupted. If you look at it in a hex editor, every single byte has been overwritten with DF Sad
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thanks! I don't know how this happened. It's so sad. I played it many so many hours, made many things in the game... seems impossible try the whole game again in the same way... almost not in this year. The only possitive thing that I can see is try the spanish version this time...
What a shame.. I don't want to spoil but.. the game is soooo long! replay the game sounds like so much work. I have this other memory with only a few hours. I can see it in the bios but not in game. What could be the problem with this second memory? Thanks again!

Attached Files
.rar   Mcd002.rar (Size: 50,23 KB / Downloads: 165)
That one looks fine, maybe try inserting it in slot 1
Thank you but it doesn't work neither. Anyway that save was near at the beginning. Well I'll try play more PS2 after format my computer just for caution.

Thank you so much, everybody.