Memory card v0.9.8 issue
Hello people,

I am kinda new to this all. And I have a question about the memory cards.
First of all i am using PSCX2 0.9.8 and it wont let me pick a self made memory card. I can only use memorycards which I make with the psxc memory card tab.

So the actual problem is that i want to load my Suikoden II save file in Suikoden III?

Anyway can anybody help me with this problem.

p.s. if it isnt clear to u what my problem is just ask me and ill try to explain it better

Sponsored links

as long as its a valid format, with the ps2 extension and is placed in the configured memcards directory, it should work.
hmm ic i copied the orginal memory card and it indeed showed up at the list of memory cards. but then this. the PSX emulator i used makes memory cards with .bin format is there anyway to get it to the .ps2 format which PSCX2 uses? simply chancing the format doesnt work because when i tried that the memory card didn't show up in the list
Rename .bin to .mcr(not really sure if the extension nor file name matters through;P) then use "ps2 save builder" and create a ps2 save from it, which then you can import to ps2 memory card using "mymc". Should work alike that, but I never bothered with it.
(08-22-2011, 11:35 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Rename .bin to .mcr(not really sure if the extension nor file name matters through;P) then use "ps2 save builder" and create a ps2 save from it, which then you can import to ps2 memory card using "mymc". Should work alike that, but I never bothered with it.

hmm i downloaded the program u mentioned, but not sure after that i added the renamed x.mcr and then what? because i can't save it as .ps2 files which is the only one PSCX recognize.

With PS2 save builder you save it to pretty much anything, for example .max, then open ps2 memory card with mymc and import that .max file you just made.

edit: I forgot to say to set root/ID to same as name of the file inside in ps2 save builder.
If your file was x.mcr then root/ID should be x.mcr too I guess the filename doesn't really matter just root/ID need to be set same as that name.

Damn me, I knew how, but forgot details, it should be raw file but not of whole memory file but single save. Needed to google for a guide to remind myself ;P Here it is: http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=120628
(08-23-2011, 12:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote: With PS2 save builder you save it to pretty much anything, for example .max, thmu.com/showthread.php?t=120628

hmm i did everything what u said, and the file still pops up as corrupted(according to the tut it doesnt matter) but the game wont recognize the corruputed file.

Thanks anyway

or could you convert the file for me?

Didn't tried the guide? Heh but ok, upload the file somewhere and I'll convert it.
i did use the guide u gave me
but for some reason i cant make it work

anyway here is the memory card from the psx emulator

Attached Files
.rar   card01.rar (Size: 12,45 KB / Downloads: 179)
Try this

.7z   SuikodenII.7z (Size: 9,37 KB / Downloads: 247)
it'll most likely still be seen as corrupted inside ps2 bios, but should be readable by game(or soo I hopeTongue).