Memory cards?
Wow..., I've tried searching, and couldnt find anything about it. can someone explain how to create a memory card on PCSX2? It's really starting to kill me -_-

Sponsored links

Yarrr.... there be no support fer pirates.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Will-PCSX...r?page=185

atwicked Wrote:Alright, well I'm gonna try running persona 4 and see how that goes. Otherwise I'm gonna have to borrow a ps2 and beat it that way. Thanks

Da Rulez Wrote:Warez talk is prohibited and frowned upon, to prevent legal issues. You may not post links or refer to any kind of BIOS, ROM, ISO, Game that has been illegally obtained or shared.
If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/announcement-1.html
[Image: 2748844.png]
wait, what? I own the actual game disc, but not a ps2 right now...

im kinda confused...
I think what Koji was referring to is the fact you do not own a ps2, but you require a BIOS to use the emulator. Taking your friends bios would be stealing (as would downloading), so it is against the rule he pointed out.

Closing
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah technically he's talking about borrowing the system, not the game. You can't pirate a system now can you? Laugh

Anyway the download should come with two memory cards, if you need more you just copy and paste the memory card file, least that's what I did.

If you're using 0.9.7 beta you can make a memory card by going to config > memory cards and browsing to the directory you want to use and clicking create.

If you're using 0.9.6 I never had to create a card, I just copied the old ones that were there and pasted them. They should be located in (pcsx2 install directory)/memcards/ or documents/PCSX2/memcards/. The two files should be named mcd001.ps2 and mcd002.ps2.

technically an unformatted memory card is just a 8,650,752 byte file, I'm sure you could use a dummy file creator to make one and just name it mcd001.ps2 and do the same for mcd002.ps2 then just use a game to format the card.
Q9650 @ 4.2 ghz - GTX 285 - 8gb DDR2 1333 - 64 bit windows 7