Memory cards
Hello, I have just installed the PS2 Emulator on my PC, but when I try to browse the memcards, it asks me to format them, which I assume it wants to format my drives (both HDD and SSD), which just completely freaked me out. Should I let it format? Shouldn't I? Should I just leave it like that? Thanks in advance.
And if I don't format it, will my game be saved?
Thanks for developing this :Smile  Now I can play my Gateway black monday on my PC.

Sponsored links

It just wants to format the 8mb memory cards. Your hdd and sdd are fine.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-25-2015, 04:57 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: It just wants to format the 8mb memory cards. Your hdd and sdd are fine.

I don't have any memory cards connected, is it a virtual memory card?
yes there is a virtual memorycard system which makes a file on your hard drive. you can see them if you go to Config->Memcards
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It asks you to format the memory cards, not the drive or SSD. And you can't save when you don't format your memcard.

EDIT: wow ninja'd by 2 ppl *facepalm*
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(08-25-2015, 05:00 PM)refraction Wrote: yes there is a virtual memorycard system which makes a file on your hard drive. you can see them if you go to Config->Memcards

(08-25-2015, 05:01 PM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: It asks you to format the memory cards, not the drive or SSD. And you can't save when you don't format your memcard.

EDIT: wow ninja'd by 2 ppl *facepalm*

Thanks.
I also have another question.
Is it safe using my gateway black monday PS2 disc on my new PC?
Because it does weird noises, can it damage my CD-DVD Reader, or whatever it's called?
If so, may I have a good software that is not ImgBurn to turn it into ISO, Norton 360 detects ImgBurn as a virus.
Probably you downloaded/installed imgburn from an untrustworthy webpage. I don't think that any current antivir sw would see imgburn as virus...

imgburn is the best you can use.

A disk can not break a dvd drive (as long as it still has some kind of disk-shape). But a broken dvd drive can break/scratch a disk.
First, get rid of norton as it's junk and at a minimum get avast or better yet get kaspersky. Or just tell norton to ***** off and let imgburn install, since it's safe and almost everyone on here uses it. Otherwise, you might be able to use daemon tools lite.

While it's safe to use the disc itself for playing, you will have issues with the drive slowing down and having to start up again to read more data, which can cause momentary pauses while playing.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(08-25-2015, 05:30 PM)willkuer Wrote: Probably you downloaded/installed imgburn from an untrustworthy webpage. I don't think that any current antivir sw would see imgburn as virus...

imgburn is the best you can use.

A disk can not break a dvd drive (as long as it still has some kind of disk-shape). But a broken dvd drive can break/scratch a disk.

(08-25-2015, 05:30 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: First, get rid of norton as it's junk and at a minimum get avast or better yet get kaspersky. Or just tell norton to ***** off and let imgburn install, since it's safe and almost everyone on here uses it. Otherwise, you might be able to use daemon tools lite.

While it's safe to use the disc itself for playing, you will have issues with the drive slowing down and having to start up again to read more data, which can cause momentary pauses while playing.
I don't understand why everyone hates Norton, I have it for almost a year and I am defiently going to renew my license.
Thanks for the tip anyways, and for the help.
I downloaded it from imgburn dot com, but if it is indeed not the official website, then please send me the original one.
Sry. You are right: VirusTotal

Obviously they (imgburn - not norton) are doing something wrong...

Well or norton is wrong:OpenCandy

There seems to be an ad-manager bundled with imgburn (probably providing some toolbar or system optimizer) which is bad but still not a virus by itself.

As I've just learned by rama this could still provide a backdoor to your system and therefore can do harm to your system if that ad-manager is not shielded properly against malware. So nobody's wrong, nobody's right.

Try the iso-maker you like and if it fails choose a different one. Converge against imgburn after some iterations.