Memory cards and RE4
(01-03-2014, 04:23 AM)DavidM Wrote: Would that allow starting a game from a "completed" one, so you keep all your gear?

yes,

obviously you'll have to get to a certain point in your chosen game then save, to load it again latter

go to system, load your game, then on the drop down menu go to either load state slot 0-9 or save state 0-9 and that's pretty much that

i've never had any problems using save states, but be aware that they won't always work on different revisions of the emulator, so try and stick to the version you download, and maybe use the ps2 memory card if you can Smile

theirs many different developmental versions to try Cool even some that go back to 2011Blink

some of the developmental revisions will solve problems, whilst others may break things

another thing to think of is that save states will take up from 9mb to 20mb or more of space, for each save state,

now that may not be much, but times that by 10 for each game, and by how many games you own, and you can be talking gigs Wacko
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)

Sponsored links

It works fine for me on the latest svn. Sounds like your memorycard is corrupt or you have permissions issues. Id suggest running as administrator as well just in case.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Hmmm... I did get a constant error on save after messing around with the memcard (copying PSX saves and all), but it was a troublesome card I had tested before. I tried doing the same with a new formated card, and I could not reproduce it.

I did find a Pokopom bug though, cuz rumble got stuck. XD
#EDIT: Doesn't seem to be bug, the game just keeps sending rumble data. (as if it forgot to clear the buffer)
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
The console title reads:

Resident Evil 4 (NTSC-U) SLUS-S1134

Running as Admin does nothing different.

I am using 2.2 US PS2 Bios version.

I have AMD X2 965 Processor (4 core) with 8 GB ram and
GTX 550ti Video card.

My steps are
1. Create Memory card with PCSX2.
2. Go into PS2 browser and format it.
3. Go into game, play to first typewriter and attempt to save.

Gives "Save Failed" every time.

I can give some earlier builds a try.
State the current revision and the revisions you try please. I suggest trying r5617 or older as that was before my SIO mess.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
Yay, Build # 5791 works fine! I was using r5350.

Now to get my right analog stick working on my Etek City PS2 knock-off Controller...

Thanks for the help guys!

Keep up the good work on this.