Memory leaking problem
I usually use the very latest builds of everything (Need to make sure the other devs didn't screw up! hehe Tongue2 ).
Anyway, what you describe is a memory leak alright.
If you wanna help track it, please try to single out what's causing it.
Use ZeroGS, ZeroSPU2, some other cdvd and pad plugin, try mVU instead of sVU, try disabling MTGS... Tongue2

Sponsored links

same problem and its first time ever met

pcsx2-1713, after some "Esc" & "Execute", playing SoulCalibur 3
MTGS - On,microVU - all On, speedhacks- EEx2, IOPx2, Status Flag Hack - On
Advanced - by default

GSdx 1650-dx10-hw; SPU2-X 1.2.0-xAudio, LilyPad svn 1388

"low memory", "error", "application need to be closed" and so on...

Vista x64, 4gb ram

*sorry for bad English
Hi there,

I got the same memory leak as stated above. Testing with FF XII, dx10 hardware.
With pcsx2 1474 and gsdx 1474 everything is fine.
With pcsx2 1474 and gsdx 1650 the leak is here (exact same settings), so i'm quite certain it comes from this plugin.
I also tried pcsx2 1736 with the latest plugins and the problem persists.

(08-22-2009, 05:42 PM)rama Wrote: My memory usage went from 400mb initially to 450mb after all that.
It didn't seem to increase anymore than this.
Just wanted to point out something here : the memory used by the pscx2 process is stable on my pc too, around the same value as yours.
However, the total used memory we can see in the performance tab of the task manager just keeps increasing. For me it usually starts at ~1.4Go and grows to 3Go after 1h of gameplay, and it will crash eventually when reaching the limit. However, pscx2 memory in the task manager is still listed as ~450Mo.
With gsdx 1474 total memory sometimes grows to 1.5 or 1.6Go but no more.

Hope that helps.
(08-22-2009, 05:42 PM)rama Wrote: I did a few checks, and everything seems to be in order.
Running around in FF12, teleporting to various cities (different textures), doing fights and stuff.
My memory usage went from 400mb initially to 450mb after all that.

(09-10-2009, 11:49 PM)Djoums Wrote: Hi there,

I got the same memory leak as stated above. Testing with FF XII, dx10 hardware.
With pcsx2 1474 and gsdx 1474 everything is fine.
With pcsx2 1474 and gsdx 1650 the leak is here (exact same settings), so i'm quite certain it comes from this plugin.
I also tried pcsx2 1736 with the latest plugins and the problem persists.

(08-22-2009, 05:42 PM)rama Wrote: My memory usage went from 400mb initially to 450mb after all that.
Just wanted to point out something here : the memory used by the pscx2 process is stable on my pc too, around the same value as yours.
However, the total used memory we can see in the performance tab of the task manager just keeps increasing. For me it usually starts at ~1.4Go and grows to 3Go after 1h of gameplay, and it will crash eventually when reaching the limit. However, pscx2 memory in the task manager is still listed as ~450Mo.
With gsdx 1474 total memory sometimes grows to 1.5 or 1.6Go but no more.

Hope that helps.

exactly my problem~~~
Can you guys with the ever increasing memory usage tell me how much memory your graphic cards have?
I suspect it could be the increase of cached textures I put in a month ago or so.

Note that I tried that ff12 test again, using pretty demanding settings. My pcsx2 process never went above 480mb.
"Performance" tab in task manager went to 1.64GB and stayed there all the time.
I have an ATI HD4870 512 Mo.
Other specs if useful : [email protected], Catalyst 9.8, 4Go Ram, Windows 7 RC 64 bits.

Does your change refer to rev 1584 ? (seems so but not sure)
I'll try to test it and the one just before.
That'd be great, thanks Smile
1584 is fine, no memory leak for me.

Edit : I think I found it.
I have been using the msaa option since its implementation. Putting "msaa=2" in gsdx.ini seems to cause the memory leak. Maybe you can try again with it Rama.
Ok, now I get it. And it'll be a pain to debug.
Seems the game runs normally for quite a while, then starts sucking up more and more ram.
What I use to test it is a scene where my party auto battles a hard boss (most silly game i ever played!).