Memory protection
Hi All. Why you use memory protection of the emulator (can't write memory)? Сan you remove it in next versions?

Sponsored links

What do you mean exactly(I can think of two different meanings of your question)

If you are talking about...you can't change values while using some program to cheat...that protection is gone long time ago and you are probably just using old version of pcsx2.
I've been having difficulties with newer SVN revisions for finding cheats too, I think it may have return
Yes, only for cheats. Tnx Saiki.
(09-24-2010, 06:40 PM)Saiki Wrote: I've been having difficulties with newer SVN revisions for finding cheats too, I think it may have return

I'm using r3596 and I don't have any problems with it.
Maybe it's added in some of the newer revs than r3596(I don't want to update because if the base address is different that the r3596 I'll have problems with the codes that I made)
(09-24-2010, 07:31 PM)vsub Wrote:
(09-24-2010, 06:40 PM)Saiki Wrote: I've been having difficulties with newer SVN revisions for finding cheats too, I think it may have return

I'm using r3596 and I don't have any problems with it.
Maybe it's added in some of the newer revs than r3596(I don't want to update because if the base address is different that the r3596 I'll have problems with the codes that I made)
r3812 here, and nothing shows up at all...
Well it works fine here on r3826...I tried with ArtMoney and without enabling the function to bypass the protection.But the base address is different so I won't update to it

PS.If your are using ArtMoney and you are using the old base address,it's normal that you don't fine anything...Phaste it's not giving you the correct base address.
Here it's 10015000 not 07E31180 which Phaste is giving me.

Edit:And it looks like Phaste don't work anymore with that rev.
base address maybe then, I'll try with cheatengine
For what it's worth, when I get the chance I'm going to redo the PCSX2 memory allocations using smart virtual memory alloc that should keep the PS2 memory addresses from moving around.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
in recent revisions phaste stopped working for me too
cheat engine works, although it's annoying having to find cheats/redo your address list every time
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870