MemoryCard settings problem
Hey,

so I played FF10 and really enjoying this (thanks to this program) and suddenly it crashed. Im using PCSX2-r2926 (dont know what version this is, because everyone here talks always about 1888v). After rebooting I saw I lost about 6hrs of playtime from the crash because my savegame from maybe 10minutes ago is gone, and only one from 27th april or something is avaible for me.

So I looked into the settings and I found this: [Image: thumb_6456652Unbenannt.JPG]

the r2898 Version is an older one which I dont use anymore. I deleted this folder and everytime I start my r2926 version a r2898 folder is created with memory files inside. I dont know why hes using this folder, but I cant change it either as you can see inside the pic (all blanked out).

I guess my savegames are gone forever, but I want to fix this issue to reduce save game losses in future... It really kills the fun for me, right now I cant think about playing this stuff again Sad

EDIT: I want to say something to the FF10 crash, maybe someone had the same problem and can fix it. It occurs randomly. No gfx error or something, most of the time it happens when a battle starts. It is not freezed or anything the menues for combat just dont appear and the enemies and my toons just stand there and waiting for combat...

Sponsored links

Is that a SVN? You might wanna try the OFFICIAL beta 1888. Get it here.

And the plugins aren't a bad idea, either. Smile
(05-01-2010, 10:21 PM)Rezard Wrote: Is that a SVN? You might wanna try the OFFICIAL beta 1888. Get it here.

And the plugins aren't a bad idea, either. Smile

SVN? Well I tried 1888 but since this versions run faster for me I always sticked to them.
6 hours lost isn't that much Tongue

Anyway try to always keep backups of your memcards, specially when using untested/unsupported versions of the emulator.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well a general question if anyone knows:
is it normal to see that?
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3412/capturent.png

my memcards work just fine but i am curious why they dont show up!

and its not in those versions only its in all new gui revs
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Actually there is a bug in the new 0.9.7 builds that doesnt allow you to change the memcard folder. looking at Forsti`s picture i can see its the same one i get. Forsti, most of the 0.9.7 builds still have functions disabled,some builds even have slightly different layouts. Use the latest builds at your risk and note which folder its using for memcards so not to delete it. Also you can edit the pcsx2 ini and set it to a folder of your choice
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
The GUI in the SVN isn't finished yet, it's bound to have bugs, things not working, things moving all the time etc...

It's also not supported and an offtopic discussion for this thread >_>
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-08-2010, 05:18 PM)omnikam Wrote: Actually there is a bug in the new 0.9.7 builds that doesnt allow you to change the memcard folder. looking at Forsti`s picture i can see its the same one i get. Forsti, most of the 0.9.7 builds still have functions disabled,some builds even have slightly different layouts. Use the latest builds at your risk and note which folder its using for memcards so not to delete it. Also you can edit the pcsx2 ini and set it to a folder of your choice

thanks and also i can change the folder of the memcards its in the "app settings" (3rd on configuration).
shadow lady: yep i know the gui has lots of work still to be done, i was just curious (mainly cause i use the same memcards files for 1-2 years now and i thought i would have to create new ones in the pcsx2 options!) Tongue sorry for the off topic thingy
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest