Merry Christmas from the PCSX2 team
Merry Christmas everyone! We know you haven't heard from us for a while (ok for a long time Tongue ) but it was for good reason!

Development has been going strong for several months with some new members joining and others digging even deeper in PCSX2 issues ironing them out. People who have been following our github already know how many hacks have been removed (yes, removed Tongue ) lately, with the DX11 renderer of GSdx quickly catching up to OpenGL accuracy levels thanks to several contributors. This large boost in progress was incited by gregory helping out the newcomers with his in-depth knowledge of GSdx, in between his baby's sleep sessions, so he deserves a big thank you from all of us. The core has also been improved, while several big PRs are also close to merging, making this an exciting time for PCSX2!

Thanks to the new (and old) guys giving their time and skills to breathe some life to PCSX2 and to everyone who still believe in us and appreciate this project! Have a nice one and keep playing!
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

Bosit and the rest of the team likewise!
Merry christmas guys.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Happy new year and thank you for all the incredible work you contributors are doing!
(12-25-2018, 08:30 PM)Bositman Wrote: Merry Christmas everyone! We know you haven't heard from us for a while (ok for a long time Tongue ) but it was for good reason!

Development has been going strong for several months with some new members joining and others digging even deeper in PCSX2 issues ironing them out. People who have been following our github already know how many hacks have been removed (yes, removed Tongue ) lately, with the DX11 renderer of GSdx quickly catching up to OpenGL accuracy levels thanks to several contributors. This large boost in progress was incited by gregory helping out the newcomers with his in-depth knowledge of GSdx, in between his baby's sleep sessions, so he deserves a big thank you from all of us. The core has also been improved, while several big PRs are also close to merging, making this an exciting time for PCSX2!

Thanks to the new (and old) guys giving their time and skills to breathe some life to PCSX2 and to everyone who still believe in us and appreciate this project! Have a nice one and keep playing!

That, is a great great news ! 
Do you have any idea when a new version will come up ? Laugh
(01-24-2019, 06:57 PM)Tangs Wrote: That, is a great great news ! 
Do you have any idea when a new version will come up ? Laugh

when it's done
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Of course
We'll probably get the same answer for the next progress report won't we? Wink

That said, whoever works on the write-up will probably be bewildered by the sheer deluge of changes that have occurred since the last progress report (which was released April of last year). I mean, DX9 and MSAA purged, DX11 got several major upgrades, the palette management fix, et_al. -- just sifting through the github pull requests/ 1.6 milestone just to get a better idea of what was occurring in the background of the dev builds being released in the last three months made my eyes cross.
They started the progress report thing when I volunteered to write them but then life happened and I didn't have the time(and still don't really) so they were left trying to do it with other people who never really had the time in the first place. So please don't be too hard on them, if anyone's at fault, it's me XD
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Understood. I have an idea on how messy it can get IRL (personal experience, as a one-time hospital yo-yo).